Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
halucinagen wrote:
Played it totally correct.

Looks like my group tanked the market accidentally, at least 2 people would sell per decade. That pulls it down quite considerably.

In addition no one other than me was interested in ever purchasing them, I had the goal card that rewarded having them. With the market so low no one could see the market increasing and it been worthwhile at the end.

The market being so low enabled me to stay in contention after some bad power plant choices. 3 solar... Pushed me out of ever being able to get any UN goals.

We all learnt a lot and I think the market would stabilise if a few of us were holding onto CEP's.

Okay good!

I see, yes if 2 or more people are selling a lot then it will tank the market. Hmm that's interesting. Why were they so eager to sell CEPs? You must have reaped in some good bonus VP with the CEP card since they were so cheap. Lessons learned for next time. Make a lot of different power plants if you can so you can start scoring the UN cards. Use your lobby cards early to get them out of the way unless they have tech cubes or other bonus that you may need later on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Holroyd
England
Morecambe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cabralicus wrote:
halucinagen wrote:
Played it totally correct.

Looks like my group tanked the market accidentally, at least 2 people would sell per decade. That pulls it down quite considerably.

In addition no one other than me was interested in ever purchasing them, I had the goal card that rewarded having them. With the market so low no one could see the market increasing and it been worthwhile at the end.

The market being so low enabled me to stay in contention after some bad power plant choices. 3 solar... Pushed me out of ever being able to get any UN goals.

We all learnt a lot and I think the market would stabilise if a few of us were holding onto CEP's.

Okay good!

I see, yes if 2 or more people are selling a lot then it will tank the market. Hmm that's interesting. Why were they so eager to sell CEPs? You must have reaped in some good bonus VP with the CEP card since they were so cheap. Lessons learned for next time. Make a lot of different power plants if you can so you can start scoring the UN cards. Use your lobby cards early to get them out of the way unless they have tech cubes or other bonus that you may need later on.

Yes, you do need multiple power plants. My rookie mistake. Learnt that lesson too late and yes having that goal card helped me stay in contention. If I had bought 2 different power plants rather than two more solar ones, I think I would have won because of the cheap CEP's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.