1 , 2  Next »   | 

Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower» Forums » News

Subject: New Releases for Silver Tower rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philipp Schepp
msg tools
Just in case you haven't seen it yet...

http://natfka.blogspot.de/2016/09/genestealer-cults-and-retu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like more heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Looks like a pack of professionally printed cards for all the heroes released digitally. I'd buy that... I hate the way they format the hero info in the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Schepp
msg tools
Yeah, I bothered the trolls at mail order with asking for those cards as soon as the game was released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ARCANE Heroes, eh... Shall be buying the hero cards, no doubt about it, but as for the four potential heroes, assuming they are not introducing any new ones, they could be:

Battlemage
Great Bray Shaman. *
Chaos Sorceror Lord
Grey Seer
Grot Shaman
Loremaster
Necromancer (+2 skeletons) *
Sorceress
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman. *
Rune lord
Skint Starlight Priest
Sylvaneth Branchwych. *

Some good ones in the mix there (Dark Elf Sorceress being one of my personal favourites), but if they follow the pattern of the last box set (2 from the new AoS line, 2 classic models), I'd guess/hope for the ones with an asterisk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Clockpunk wrote:
ARCANE Heroes, eh... Shall be buying the hero cards, no doubt about it, but as for the four potential heroes, assuming they are not introducing any new ones, they could be:

Battlemage
Great Bray Shaman. *
Chaos Sorceror Lord
Grey Seer
Grot Shaman
Loremaster
Necromancer (+2 skeletons) *
Sorceress
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman. *
Rune lord
Skint Starlight Priest
Sylvaneth Branchwych. *

Some good ones in the mix there (Dark Elf Sorceress being one of my personal favourites), but if they follow the pattern of the last box set (2 from the new AoS line, 2 classic models), I'd guess/hope for the ones with an asterisk.

A new box of heroes is cool, and I am hoping for at least one greenskin in the mix. But the cards are the most interesting thing.

After all the backlash against the Mighty Heroes, and people "acquiring" the cards through other methods, I hope everyone supports this move from GW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Will be picking up the card pack and all the models at the same time. Would not have bought the models without physical cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Interestingly enough, a reddit source claims the Hero Cards pack contains the necessary components for 44 heroes from the App. That offered 39 originally, plus three added recently (Lord of Plagues, Battlemage, and Branchwych). Assuming The White Dwarf from the inaugural Sept issue is also added to the app within the next couple of weeks, that still leave one unaccounted for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clockpunk wrote:
Interestingly enough, a reddit source claims the Hero Cards pack contains the necessary components for 44 heroes from the App. That offered 39 originally, plus three added recently (Lord of Plagues, Battlemage, and Branchwych). Assuming The White Dwarf from the inaugural Sept issue is also added to the app within the next couple of weeks, that still leave one unaccounted for...

I count 40 purchasable heroes in the app, plus the four from Mighty Warriors = 44.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... I did forget the 4 heroes from Mighty Warriors/the core game rule book.

I based my number on the 39 specified as included in the bundle purchase, plus the 3 added in a few weeks ago. As you say, the Mighty Heroes were provided for free. So that now means there is potentially a couple not included.

Doh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the reddit post indicated the box set includes 5 heroes. I've already submitted an expansion page, but in the interest in sharing the info, these will be:

- Chaos Sorceror Lord
- Dark Elf Sorceress
- Skink Starpriest
- Skaven Grey Seey
- Stormacast Knight Haraldor

A decent mix in terms of abilities, but as I already own two of the models, it's going to require a long hard think as to whether I pick up the box, or the remaining three individually. Save a bit of money from the online discounters versus showing support for the dedicated line.

... unless any UK member wants to split the cost, and they take the Knight Heraldor and Sorceress (as I said before, easily my favourite hero currently in the game!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clockpunk wrote:
Hmmm... I did forget the 4 heroes from Mighty Warriors/the core game rule book.

I based my number on the 39 specified as included in the bundle purchase, plus the 3 added in a few weeks ago. As you say, the Mighty Heroes were provided for free. So that now means there is potentially a couple not included.

Doh.

By my reckoning, there won't be a White Dwarf. The rest are accounted for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clockpunk wrote:
Also, the reddit post indicated the box set includes 5 heroes. I've already submitted an expansion page, but in the interest in sharing the info, these will be:

- Chaos Sorceror Lord
- Dark Elf Sorceress
- Skink Starpriest
- Skaven Grey Seey
- Stormacast Knight Haraldor

A decent mix in terms of abilities, but as I already own two of the models, it's going to require a long hard think as to whether I pick up the box, or the remaining three individually. Save a bit of money from the online discounters versus showing support for the dedicated line.

... unless any UK member wants to split the cost, and they take the Knight Heraldor and Sorceress (as I said before, easily my favourite hero currently in the game!)

Is that list pretty solid?
Nevermind. I found the source.

I have all of those except the Chaos Lord heh. Oh well. The hero cards will be welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is excellent! It gives me hope that we may see more skill and treasure cards in the future too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thaddeuspwhirl wrote:
This is excellent! It gives me hope that we may see more skill and treasure cards in the future too!

I was kinda hoping they might be in there with the hero cards - basically a physical version of the "bundle" available in the app.

The game really does need more skills and treasures to help with customizing your character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
I was kinda hoping they might be in there with the hero cards - basically a physical version of the "bundle" available in the app.

The game really does need more skills and treasures to help with customizing your character.

Well hopefully that rumor about another boxed set towards the end of the year proves to be correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thaddeuspwhirl wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

Well hopefully that rumor about another boxed set towards the end of the year proves to be correct!

I wouldn't mind if it came out next year. I just did a quick tally of things I intend to buy for GW, and it's pretty eye-watering. The imminent release of Blood Bowl isn't helping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
I wouldn't mind if it came out next year. I just did a quick tally of things I intend to buy for GW, and it's pretty eye-watering. The imminent release of Blood Bowl isn't helping!

Agreed--and I suppose some might be interested in Gorechosen and/or The Burning of Prospero in the meantime as well. When it rains it pours...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thaddeuspwhirl wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

Agreed--and I suppose some might be interested in Gorechosen and/or The Burning of Prospero in the meantime as well. When it rains it pours...

I'm down for one of each

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it your experience with Betrayal at Calth that has you excited for Burning of Prospero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thaddeuspwhirl wrote:
Is it your experience with Betrayal at Calth that has you excited for Burning of Prospero?

Actually I was half joking. Gorechosen is a definite purchase, but I am waiting to hear more about prospero. However, I seem to end up with every GW game eventually! If prospero is half as good as calth I will be all over it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On topic, here are the new releases in the GW store:

£35

£15 - 44 characters, but no treasure or skills:

Grot Shaman
Savage Orruk Warboss
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman
Orruk Warchanter
Necromancer
Nomad Prince
Assassin
Sorceress
Black Ark Fleetmaster
Loremaster
Unforged
Runelord
Warden King
Cogsmith
Battlemage
Auric Runemaster
Battlesmith
Grimwrath Berzerker
Skink Starpriest
Saurus Oldblood
Lord-Celestant
Lord-Castellant
Lord-Relictor
Knight-Azyros
Knight-Vexillor
Knight-Heraldor
Knight-Venator
Grey Seer
Skaven Warlord
Great Bray-Shaman
Lord of Plagues
Bloodstoker
Bloodsecrator
Slaughterpriest
Slaughterpriest With Hackblade and Wrath-hammer
Skullgrinder
Aspiring Deathbringer With Goreaxe and Skullhammer
Exalted Deathbringer With Impaling Spear
Exalted Deathbringer With Ruinous Axe
Lord of Chaos
Tzeentch Sorcerer Lord
Chaos Sorcerer Lord
Wight King
Skeletons (for the Necromancer to summon)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait to get my hands on a set of these myself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The most exciting thing for me is the pack of hero cards, simply because of what it represents. It's the kind of support we just haven't seen for GW games in a long while, and I hope it is a sign of what's to come.

And, of course, Gorechosen is out today. It retails at £35 and includes four hero character FIGURES (no character cards) that work in Silver Tower. That means it has the same price and number of heroes as the Mighty Heroes expansion - effectively meaning it works as a Silver Tower expansion with a "free" game thrown in.

Edit: For clarity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting for the first new topic about why the cards are so expensive compared to FFG....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.