Subject: Intentionally knocking off pieces & Montreal rules. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Several cities knock you out after X total fallen pieces, but Montreal says "2 or more pieces fall off your current structure at the same time, you and that structure are eliminated." But that begs several questions: can you intentionally knock off pieces? And either way does "same time" mean within a single piece play or within a round of three? Because unless there is some rule forbidding intentionally knocking off pieces (which seems hard to enforce) then couldn't you just knock off a piece every time (unless same time means a full three placements)? Obviously we're not wanting to game the system im this very fun game but trying to understand the intent of the rules, especially since even outside of Montreal there are many situations where you might benefit from surgically knocking off a single piece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace P.
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's my understanding that you can intentionally knock off pieces with the active piece. This is useful/strategic in some cities.

For Montreal, I understand it as the two pieces falling at the same time. I guess you could knock off single pieces, but I agree that seems to go against the spirit of the game. Plus, there's also a risk that more than one will accidentally fall off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you make your structure too easy, you're just helping the person to your right, who will soon be sitting down at it. You want it to be precarious. Still, if you need to intentionally knock something off to make it through a set of 3 cards in your current position, go for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.