GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,520 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Terra Mystica» Forums » General

Subject: Ratings on snellman rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Løv
msg tools
Hi, just wondering, how is the rating gain/loss affected when a player drop?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When a player drops he can't do any more moves, but his structures on the board, his priests on the cults and his points he already gained still remain. He simply can't move anymore and won't add any more stuff.
At the end there is an endgame scoring and winners are determined. If a player drops early, he's usually last, but if he's dropped very late in the game he might even win.

Ratings are not affected by whether a player was dropped or not. It's just that a player who dropped will usually finish last, so he'll usually lose points for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steinar Nerhus
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
SpaceTrucker wrote:
When a player drops he can't do any more moves, but his structures on the board, his priests on the cults and his points he already gained still remain. He simply can't move anymore and won't add any more stuff.
At the end there is an endgame scoring and winners are determined. If a player drops early, he's usually last, but if he's dropped very late in the game he might even win.

Ratings are not affected by whether a player was dropped or not. It's just that a player who dropped will usually finish last, so he'll usually lose points for this.

http://terra.snellman.net/game/burst

I was distracted at the end of this game and dropped, but I still ended up winning, and got some rating points... Rating is calculated based on your position at the end of the game, even if you have dropped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juho Snellman
Switzerland
Zurich
Zurich
flag msg tools
mb
One exception: if a player drops out (or more likely resigns) before choosing a faction, the game doesn't affect his rating at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like you can still win after dropping, you can also only come in second even when both of your opponents dropped in round 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gambia
Brest
msg tools
DocCool wrote:

No you can't, your example was just an outlier anomaly in the search space. It wasn't supposed to exist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skyswooper wrote:
No you can't, your example was just an outlier anomaly in the search space. It wasn't supposed to exist
Cognitive dissonance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Løv
msg tools
Ah, that sucks.. I dropped my first game AFTER picking my faction, but quit before even placing a dwelling because i didnt know what was going on at the time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.