Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Game was interesting. The players choose Sloth and The Darkness Within. I choose Hobo's.

Some questions I had

1 - Rose says she can teleport an AC/AB 'one Space away'. I believe this means to put the monster 1 space away from Rose (not move it 1 space from where it is), correct?

2 - There is a Dark Past card that says the Hero must take 3 damage or 3 corruption. But to trigger the Dark Past you have to end your turn with max corruption...which then would convert the extra corruption to damage. So...3 damage or 3 damage...huh?

3 - Another Dark Past says the Hero becomes a 5/5 monster for the Sin side. Does that player switch sides? Or is he effectively dead and select another character.

4 - Can a single Hero get the bonus from two identical Upgrades? Dual mini-guns?

5 - Players can save any number of Extra Action tokens from round to round?

6 - If a player(s) gain more than 1 Upgrade at once, should you replenish the pool back to 5 after each one or just take multiple from the 5 shown?

7 - The Darkness Within 3A allows you to sanctify Districts. Once you are past that part of the flow chart do you think you can still Sanctify locations?

Wakrob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank La Terra
Australia
flag msg tools
CptBlood wrote:

1 - Rose says she can teleport an AC/AB 'one Space away'. I believe this means to put the monster 1 space away from Rose (not move it 1 space from where it is), correct?

No, move the monster 1 space from where it is (it's mind controlled.)

Quote:
2 - There is a Dark Past card that says the Hero must take 3 damage or 3 corruption. But to trigger the Dark Past you have to end your turn with max corruption...which then would convert the extra corruption to damage. So...3 damage or 3 damage...huh?

There is one or two cases where you reveal your dark card without maxing your corruption. Can't remember them off the top of my head.

Quote:
3 - Another Dark Past says the Hero becomes a 5/5 monster for the Sin side. Does that player switch sides? Or is he effectively dead and select another character.

Player selects another character. Sin controls that character as if it were a 5/5 monster.

Quote:
4 - Can a single Hero get the bonus from two identical Upgrades? Dual mini-guns?

I think so.

Quote:
5 - Players can save any number of Extra Action tokens from round to round?

Yes for Heroes.
No for Sin (he loses extras at end of round.)

Quote:
6 - If a player(s) gain more than 1 Upgrade at once, should you replenish the pool back to 5 after each one or just take multiple from the 5 shown?

It's not clear, play it how you want for now.

Quote:
7 - The Darkness Within 3A allows you to sanctify Districts. Once you are past that part of the flow chart do you think you can still Sanctify locations?

It's not clear but i'd say no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
6) Upgrades are gained 1 at a time, so you can reveal a new one before picking your 2nd upgrade.

7) Each mission's parameters are only in effect while that is the active mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Player selects another character. Sin controls that character as if it were a 5/5 monster.

So it can respawn as normal at the end of the turn like any other monster?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played that once that monster was dead it was dead just like the hell club.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diversion Architect
msg tools
mbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
CptBlood wrote:
So it can respawn as normal at the end of the turn like any other monster?
steprov wrote:
We played that once that monster was dead it was dead just like the hell club.
I would treat it as any other monster. Apocalypse card monsters specify if they are removed from game when killed. At least that's how I'll play it until we hear differently. I like the idea thematically of really hating that traitor that keeps showing back up. It might be too big of a hit though... But it won't ever happen too too early so that might be a great tension jump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.