Canada
Upper Tantallon
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

(jgb7)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From ONLY a Solo/Co-op (1 hand or 2 hand)

I read somewhere adding CH + Base waters down the new mechanics too much from CH... true ?

I have both, not opened yet, and I always felt something was missing from the base to be an exciting solo game. CH seems to fix that now. More threat, more "game" interaction.

So, Should I JUST play with the CH, or mix with Base in this regard?

(if mix... what should I "not" add... someone said do not add in the extra training & start cards, as they need the risk of running out ??

MANY THANKS !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mixed mine in right away, so can't tell you how they'd play separate, but that's just my approach in general, if you can mix in, mix it all in and let chaos sort it out . Stuff from CH does add pressure, Shadows have filled up a few times, I believe once even during Competitive. Necromancer alone can ruin your day.

Big thing for about mixing things all in is having that variety, not seeing the same cards game after game, especially true for Villains, even if Gremian Infestation showed up way more than 1/6. And boy, does that one Villain annoy the hell out of me, screwing up with my deck plan, die, die, die already angry .

As for running out of cards, don't think there is any way to gain Start cards after the game starts (apart from Honor). I kept Training stacks at 20 cards each, which is what the base game had, probably haven't seen more than 5 Training cards from a single stack bought during my 75+ plays of DG, most additional Honor has been maybe four on top of the three there was at start, I think I have 12 Honor in the stack as opposed to 10 from just base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mixed Colonial Horror with the base set but I didn't add the Training, Starting and Honor cards. That's completely unnecessary. I also wanted to make the deck smaller to be able to shuffle it better, so I left just two copies of each card with more copies from the base set (like Timber Wolves) and removed the excess cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.