Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely love Lanterns - got it as a birthday present just over a year ago, and we've played it a lot, and I've taught it to many many people.

However, the tiles are really starting to show wear - the cards aren't too bad as they don't get handled as much, and it's pretty easy to find sleeves for cards to protect them... but how do you protect tiles?

Surely there's some easy way to treat cardboard that stops the edges from getting too frayed, and the printing from wearing off... any ideas?

(I'm thinking that I may have to buy a new copy of Lanterns when the expansion becomes available in Australia, just so that they're both nice and new).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider using varnish as detailed on this segment of Snakes and Lattes:

Around the 2:10 mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Erickson
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
publisher
Covert Spy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's great to hear that you've played it so much! Sorry to hear that your tiles are wearing. It's tough to get them to hold up through that many plays. However, we are exploring some new technology that might help us get a different finish on the tiles that will hold up a bit better. We're looking forward to perfecting them in the near future. Thank you for encouraging us to pursue this!

— Sara Erickson
Director of Sales and Marketing
Renegade Game Studios
@PlayRenegade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear, Sara. Love to hear if this pans out and when a new printing contains these improvements! (Both base game and expansion)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just buy some sleeves that are close in size to the tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.