Star Trek: Ascendancy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Playing area: New space lane/system rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vladimir Nekvasil
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
If I want to establish new space lane and there is no space on the table between other systems for the new system (I rolled 4, other results for space lane length would had been fine) and moving other systems is not possible, do I:

forfeit the action in total (lost commands)

or

roll for other length of space lane?

In the case of the first which I take as the more likely: If the abandoned action was exiting warp do I stay at the origin of warp at warp or do I stay at the last system before the place for the new space lane?

In our game players paid so much attention to avoid contact (even the always farming explorers - Klingons) that the table got little busy with systems and exploration was quite difficult.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you would still have to place the 4-spacelane, even if you cant place the system itself.
if your ship/fleet is at warp while doing this, then they have to stop on any sector of the new spacelane as they exit warp.

once you start your move you do not get to take it back just because it doesnt fit, you must perform as much of your move as is possible to do.

the command token is always exhausted regardless of the result and you cant reroll the dice to make it fit.

with a future command, though, you can move off that spacelane and discard it as its empty and not connected to a 2nd system and try to establish the spacelane/system again, hoping for a better die result.
sometimes you may need several attempts to make it work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godwin
msg tools
mbmb
Technically yes, you are supposed to move onto the new space lane when exiting warp, as long as there is room for the lane in the play area.

If you do an impulse move it is technically moot. You spend a command to move at impulse, roll the die, the space lane it too long/short, you move onto it and then off of it. It's discarded.

The rules say that you can test any space lances for length before committing to a move, so after you commit a move you have to stick to that. It's a calculated risk.

That being said you can move to any sector on said space lane, so you can just drop out of warp right next to your own planet and move at impulse with another command.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John1701 wrote:

That being said you can move to any sector on said space lane, so you can just drop out of warp right next to your own planet and move at impulse with another command.

I take it you could use that command to move back to your system, discarding the space lane, then roll for a new space lane for the second sector of movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Nekvasil
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you guys for answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.