Subject: Starting area rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Piqueur
Belgium
Deinze
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
Two questions regarding the starting area and firing.
1) A weapon in the starting area can only shoot at adjacent targets.
But can a shooter 2+ spaces away shoot into the starting area?

2) Does the starting area count as 1 space for range?
So for example on the alien crash site map, when shooting from one space both adjacent to the starting area and the border to the other one (thus tracing through the starting area), does that count as firing at range 2?

Some games under my belt now.
Great fun!

Cheers,

Bruno
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Kitchen Rush - Now on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
bpiqueur wrote:
Two questions regarding the starting area and firing.
1) A weapon in the starting area can only shoot at adjacent targets.
But can a shooter 2+ spaces away shoot into the starting area?

2) Does the starting area count as 1 space for range?
So for example on the alien crash site map, when shooting from one space both adjacent to the starting area and the border to the other one (thus tracing through the starting area), does that count as firing at range 2?

Some games under my belt now.
Great fun!

Cheers,

Bruno

Hello

The Starting area counts as one space for the purposes of movement. It also limits (as you mentioned) the range of all weapons (when firing from within) to 1.

1) A Shooter 2+ spaces away from the Starting Area can shoot into it.

2) No Character or Alien may shoot through the starting Area. Any shots passing from within the starting Area, stop there. Note that a shot crossing the corner of the Starting Area down not count as "through" it.

Here are a couple of examples of shooting. Green arrows indicate things that are allowed while red arrows indicate things that are not allowed.

Thanks meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wickstead
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Konstantinos, I love how active you are responding to questions on these forums! I just had a clarification question regarding your illustration above: if a shooter has range into a corner of starting area, that would affect any character inside the starting zone correct?

Sorry if this is doubling up on your answers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Kitchen Rush - Now on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Schmattsta wrote:
Konstantinos, I love how active you are responding to questions on these forums!

Thank you. My pleasure

Schmattsta wrote:
I just had a clarification question regarding your illustration above: if a shooter has range into a corner of starting area, that would affect any character inside the starting zone correct?

Sorry if this is doubling up on your answers...

Yes. When an Alien has the range to shoot into the Starting Area (doesn't matter which part of the Starting Area), it will affect everyone within.

Example: A Shooter is 2 spaces away from the Starting Area and shoots his weapon into it. Inside the Starting Area, there are currently 2 Characters. Both will suffer the hit. Shooters' weapons damage Characters on a roll of 4+. Two separate dice should be rolled (one for each Character) to see who loses life.

I hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you stand in the starting area and move a recovery tile into the starting area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Tsantilas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That's how we played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.