Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlon Kruis
Netherlands
Pijnacker
South Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea, but it is in the top 3 of the top 50 games for Essen ;-)

Top 50 Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The spike in sales would probably be because of the pre-release on September 14th. You will probably see another spike in sales on September 28th when the game finally will be released to the public
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wudang wrote:
Why is there a sudden spike in sales?
Will there be any more coming?

Stronghold sent out a newsletter that basically said the first print run was almost gone, and to preorder quick or miss out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pre-release was the 14th with the main release being 9/28/16. Stores part of the pre-release were given 5 copies of the game, demo cards, and a demo copy.

It will be interesting to see how many copies stores are allocated at full release. I'm also interested in hearing everyone's opinions on the components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cromusz wrote:
Pre-release was the 14th with the main release being 9/28/16. Stores part of the pre-release were given 5 copies of the game, demo cards, and a demo copy.

It will be interesting to see how many copies stores are allocated at full release. I'm also interested in hearing everyone's opinions on the components.

Id rather have paid 100 bucks for the game and gotten better quality cubes and such...have a better player card/come with an overlay... but yeah, splitting hairs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
Id rather have paid 100 bucks for the game and gotten better quality cubes and such...have a better player card/come with an overlay... but yeah, splitting hairs.

I'm in the same boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SIMONE COLOMBO
Italy
Genova
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys...do you know if there is a preorder open for Essen 2016? I can't find it anywhere on the web!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Send preorders to info@fryxgames.se for pickup in FryxGames booth (English copy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Chan
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When will there be a second print run?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're working on it no set date yet, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cromusz wrote:

I paid full MSRP for a "mule-d" copy from Gen Con and don't regret a single penny. The game play is fantastic. I can look past the injection corners on the "metal" cubes and focus on how friggin' awesome the game is to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Scaggs

Indianapolis
Indiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:

I paid full MSRP for a "mule-d" copy from Gen Con and don't regret a single penny. The game play is fantastic. I can look past the injection corners on the "metal" cubes and focus on how friggin' awesome the game is to play.

It's definitely a fun game. I've been able to play it 3 times since it released. Looking forward to building more strategies for it. Looking past the components, it's a fantastic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McCarty
United States
La Crescent
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aftre trying all the usual suspects (Minarure Market, CSI, Cardhaus, Funagain, etc), I found them on [geekurl=https://boardlandia.com/]boardlandia[/geekurl](which just so happens to be nera my hometown). At the time they had 2 copies left (they are now sold out)

Check smaller stores, or FLGSs that also sell online

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Wehrman
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello cursor.
mbmbmbmbmb
N9IWP wrote:
Aftre trying all the usual suspects (Minarure Market, CSI, Cardhaus, Funagain, etc), I found them on [geekurl=https://boardlandia.com/]boardlandia[/geekurl](which just so happens to be nera my hometown). At the time they had 2 copies left (they are now sold out)

Check smaller stores, or FLGSs that also sell online

Brian

It looks like Funagain still has copies available for preorder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw two copies at my flgs yesterday. Check your local gamestore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:

I've ordered metal cubes and overlays (only two) and the total is less than $100. I think a deluxe version or upgrade would be great but I also think its fun to customize games myself.

I imagine it was hard to predict how popular this game was going to be. Of course there is always room for improvement but I think the designers did a good job of providing a quality gaming experience at a reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BitJam wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

I've ordered metal cubes and overlays (only two) and the total is less than $100. I think a deluxe version or upgrade would be great but I also think its fun to customize games myself.

I imagine it was hard to predict how popular this game was going to be. Of course there is always room for improvement but I think the designers did a good job of providing a quality gaming experience at a reasonable price.

I think they probably knew the gameplay itself was awesome, so making it a cheaper price, youre going to get more people to buy it. Regardless of component quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tudor
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
I think they probably knew the gameplay itself was awesome, so making it a cheaper price, youre going to get more people to buy it. Regardless of component quality.

I rather have it this way, then the other way around, i.e. where you discover that the gameplay is of a much lower quality than the components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zeamadevarza wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

I rather have it this way, then the other way around, i.e. where you discover that the gameplay is of a much lower quality than the components.

I couldnt agree more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. This is definitely Game of the Year for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.