Star Wars: Armada» Forums » General

Subject: Need nice scans of the backsides of the ship/squadron cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guido Kauer
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools

I'm trying to remake armada in wood. to make the cards I use all the images I can find online. but I cannot find the backside of the ship cards at a crisp 300+ dpi. Whole page PDF scans are fine for me but they need to be square on the page since rotating might deminish the quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Fantasy Flight might frown on this site providing high-quality scans of their copyright graphics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Cutter
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always purchase your own set and scan them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Kauer
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
never mind... I've found them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Kauer
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
the1jugg wrote:
I think Fantasy Flight might frown on this site providing high-quality scans of their copyright graphics.

I think there are scans of the front of cards available in the pictures section of this site so ... yeah I though maybe peeps here could help me out.

Trust me when I say that remaking this game in wood is definitely not about saving money. the effort that I put into this is worth a lot of wave expansions so far. If I simply wanted the game I'd just buy it. I just want to see if I can remake it without owning it.

And the cards that I can make using my method are quite thick and don't shuffle that well. But I'm not buying the whole game just for the cards.

this is the latest version of my move tool (still not perfect though)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your work really is fantastic. That said, people would look at your project much more favorably if you owned a copy of the game. I gather that you are more interested in the design challenge then actually playing the game, so I understand the reluctance to spend so much for a core set.
I'd still recommend that you keep an eye out for a cheap copy, new or used. They are regularly available for ~1/2 MSRP. It would help you to make a better components and look more legit to the community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lucky for you, you don't shuffle any cards except the damage deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Kauer
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
err404 wrote:
Your work really is fantastic. That said, people would look at your project much more favorably if you owned a copy of the game. I gather that you are more interested in the design challenge then actually playing the game, so I understand the reluctance to spend so much for a core set.
I'd still recommend that you keep an eye out for a cheap copy, new or used. They are regularly available for ~1/2 MSRP. It would help you to make a better components and look more legit to the community.

You make a valid point. And this project would benefit a lot from owning a core set. It would make the challenge less challenging though and reduce the value of the help that some have allready given me.

I'll look around for a used core set that someone might want to part with. I live in a small country so I doubt I'll find one soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damien_psi wrote:

You make a valid point. And this project would benefit a lot from owning a core set. It would make the challenge less challenging though and reduce the value of the help that some have allready given me.

Challenge is in the eye of the... challenger(?), sure. But "re-making" it without buying it just seems like a way to artificially add in the challenge of depending on the kindness of others and their willingness to provide you with FFG art assets.

This should also be in the Variants forum, not the General.

Also, it's a pretty cool idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Kauer
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
monkeykins wrote:
damien_psi wrote:

Challenge is in the eye of the... challenger(?), sure. But "re-making" it without buying it just seems like a way to artificially add in the challenge of depending on the kindness of others and their willingness to provide you with FFG art assets.

This should also be in the Variants forum, not the General.

Also, it's a pretty cool idea.

Uh oh... this is not in Variants?

ow wait it should be posted in there but I think the following sentence made me choose poorly:
"Variants
Post variants to the game rules here."

still my fault but maybe the subtitle needs a tiny adjustment.

as to the artificial add in. I was kind of expecting all the information to be present on the internets. when that turned out not true I resorted to asking around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a big deal at all!

Are you making wooden models of the ships, too? Because that would be really, really awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Kauer
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
monkeykins wrote:
Not a big deal at all!

Are you making wooden models of the ships, too? Because that would be really, really awesome.

funny you asked. Made my first ship today:
http://imgur.com/a/uKyQe

I also made the squadrons:
http://imgur.com/7AOaWRX

I have the intention to make it as well as my wooden version of x-wing:
http://imgur.com/a/AGAtL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.