Subject: Can you raise morale? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xander Michael
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been on the fence about buying Dead of Winter for over a year - I'm very interested, but it seems like it would be such a depressing experience, though obviously not based on the plethora of reviews I've read.

One thing though that I can never seem to find an answer to is if there is a way to raise morale? Everything brings it down making it seem like it will be incredibly easy to lose the game. Can it ever go up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you over achieve on a crisis card then you can often raise moral by a point.

For example, you may need to find X medicine tokens, and if you have X+2 you get an extra moral.

Honestly though, you are usually better hoarding those for the next crisis as it is usually quite hard to meet a crisis and then have stuff spare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned you can always over fill the crisis to gain one moral, and also a number of crossroad cards will raise moral - if you make the right choice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steeve Leonard
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is also a (new) character in the game who can permit you to try to raise morale if a game effect would cause it to go down (once per round).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
Omertron wrote:
Honestly though, you are usually better hoarding those for the next crisis as it is usually quite hard to meet a crisis and then have stuff spare.

Actually, I believe that depends a lot on the number of players. If you've got a 5 player game, 2 cards for an extra Morale is a great deal since you might be able to save 5 cards on a later Crisis. In a 3 player game, the value is a bit less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.