Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun M
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm part way through my first game and I've realised that I don't know what happens if I run out of turns on the Turn Tracker. I've looked through the rulebook, but couldn't see any reference to it in there. I'm guessing it would count as a mission failure though?

I'm just over halfway through the turns and I've searched two of the three locations, so hopefully have enough time left to complete the mission. Although...Kat is currently on the floor struggling with a zombie, ammo is also starting to get low, and there are about eight more zombies between the team and the third search location. Should be fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cresswell
United Kingdom
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. The turn tracker is used in later games to determine when certain events occur during the mission eg increased zombie spawns. Or sometimes to create a time limit on the game itself. But in mission 1 you don't have to worry about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun M
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, okay. That takes some of the pressure off!

Thanks for the quick response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert butler
msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
if you can make it through all 40 turns without running out of ammo that's a major feat!

As stated above the turn tracking is generally for timed events in later missions, you dont really need to track them for missions without timed events but it doesn't hurt to get into the habit anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun M
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm highly likely to run out of ammo before I complete the mission, but finding an extra grenade and an assault rifle have definitely helped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert butler
msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
yeah, when we're play testing if we ever find an AR we discard it and take the next card instead, it has too much of an effect when balancing the missions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.