Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
Can't sign up to the Riot website, have no clue if they're just overloaded or there's some other problem.

Never played LOL, can't imagine I would. Production values alone make this look like a must buy but the game system looks fun too.

15,000 copies with a pre-set sell time that has everyone who wants it salivating and dirtbags counting their resale dollars?

All the positive thoughts to this blitz marketing campaign will go away if this isn't hard limited to ONE PER CUSTOMER.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Completely agree
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
It won't be though, and you'll be hard pressed to find a copy because just like everyone else you'll be watching their online store as a hawk trying to snatch a copy...

Just hope that, if and when I am lucky enough to order a copy, shipping to Belgium won't cost me more than the actual game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a feeling that they will make sure game is in print as long there as there is strong demand, so 15,000 + 15,000 is likely just to be the initial print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LoL is rife with smurf accounts, so I doubt this will happen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nofunatalll wrote:
It won't be though, and you'll be hard pressed to find a copy because just like everyone else you'll be watching their online store as a hawk trying to snatch a copy...

Just hope that, if and when I am lucky enough to order a copy, shipping to Belgium won't cost me more than the actual game...

In the description of the Watch it Played video, EU shipping is listed as 5-10 euros depending on country
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmb
Tarnop wrote:

2 years ago they said 67 million were playing monthly. Even if that number was a lie or people left and its only 40 million now... And even if EVERY player has four accounts thats still 10 million.

If .15% of those 10 million players buy a copy at launch - that already sells out the initial 15,000 copies.

And we didn't even get to board gamers or scalpers yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarnop wrote:
Nofunatalll wrote:

In the description of the Watch it Played video, EU shipping is listed as 5-10 euros depending on country

Shipping costs this low means they will probably be shipping from an EU warehouse, which is good news for import charges as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Tarnop wrote:

2 years ago they said 67 million were playing monthly. Even if that number was a lie or people left and its only 40 million now... And even if EVERY player has four accounts thats still 10 million.

If .15% of those 10 million players buy a copy at launch - that already sells out the initial 15,000 copies.

And we didn't even get to board gamers or scalpers yet.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear with what I meant when I said "I doubt this will happen".

Even if Riot limit it to one box per account, I doubt that they will stop people using secondary accounts to buy additional copies. I was using the existence of smurf accounts to show that Riot already allows people to create multiple accounts for their game. These accounts are also used for purchases in the store that will be selling Mechs vs Minions, so the situation is primed for multiple purchases and scalping, and I don't think Riot will do anything to stop it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kostool13 wrote:
Shipping costs this low means they will probably be shipping from an EU warehouse, which is good news for import charges as well.

I believe they have a distribution centre for physical goods based in Ireland
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Landry" Lieve
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarnop wrote:
kostool13 wrote:

That would be a nice one to get confirmed, not sure how though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Gysemans
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From a Riot Employee in the lol reddit:

"If we sell out, we'll order more waves. Each box is numbered and each wave will be labeled. Our goal is to make sure that everyone who wants a copy of the game will eventually get one. Estimating quantity was a hard one for us as we didn't know if the League community would be interested in a boardgame or if the Boardgame community would care about some video game company without any track record in the space. 30k is actually quite a large initial order, but if we sell through them quickly, we'll make more as quickly as we can.

Also, roughly half of the initial 30k will be available in October with the rest of wave 1 arriving in December."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:

All the positive thoughts to this blitz marketing campaign will go away if this isn't hard limited to ONE PER CUSTOMER.

AGREED!

If I don't get at least one copy (I plan on trying for 2 copies) then I will be extremely butthurt if I don't get one. Rito has sort of dug themselves into a pit with extremely rabid board gamers PLUS League players. OK if I don't get to order the 2nd copy due to limitations that's... that's fine. As long as I can get ONE copy. It's not even going on sale for another 3 weeks and I'm already stressed out about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Jackson
Australia
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I live in Australia and I'm going to need to go in with some other people on this one to offset that shipping cost (heard it will be $60USD) so if they limit it to 1 copy per customer then I will have to bow out of purchasing a copy unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think people need to relax a little, information about the game came out less than 24 hours ago and people are already afraid about not getting a copy of a game they didn't even know existed yesterday.

Apparently Riot made a big effort to launch this project, contacting a lot of the big video reviewers for a synchronized release, flying some reviewers in to give feedback on the game and improving it and apparently putting a lot of effort in it. So I'm pretty sure there not going to be like "well, that was fun, let's stop printing these" when the demand turns out to be much higher than expected.
For a boardgame from a company that has no experience in making boardgames so far, their printrun is already huge and I'm sure they'll prodcue more once the old has sold out (if it sells out - which seems almost likely at least reading in the forums now).

There are games out there the boardgame community has waited for for years since the initial information about it (*cough* Seafall *cough*), this one is not even a month away and worst case is one might have to wait a few months more for a new printrun. Riot is a much bigger company than most of the companies in the boardgame area are, I'm sure they will eventually handle the demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogdan Vre
msg tools
Give them some credit. There's a good chance that they will do this. The technology is there. They will only be selling the game through their store, and in the past they did impose order limitation on some collectible items (statues and limited availability figures).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
The Eternal Champion wrote:
elephantgirl wrote:
Tarnop wrote:
kostool13 wrote:

That would be a nice one to get confirmed, not sure how though...

According to Riot Games' website all European orders ship from Berlin. There is no reason to believe that this will be handled differently with the board game.

https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203612240-Ri...: "North American and Asian orders ship from Chicago, USA while our European orders ship from Berlin, Germany."

Also, it has been confirmed via the video preview by Watch it Played that shipping to EU-countries will be approx. EURO 5-10 which also strongly suggests that games will ship from within the EU.

"Shipping costs for the game:
• US: ~$8
• EU: ~€5-€10 varies by country
• CAN: ~$30
• AUS: ~$60
• NZ: ~$62"
(source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvgirZYxydM)

Is it $8 per game or if I order 10 does it drop to $3-$4 per game. It matters for the margins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:

I think 1 per customer is a bit tight. I'd like to get one for myself and one or two as Christmas gifts. I'm not sure why ordering more than one would make me a dirt bag.

Also, if you pay a premium price on eBay when you absolutely know there's another print run in the queue, then that's on you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Well, sure, that benefits you. But what about myself, who wants to buy multiple copies to sell to people? How do I benefit from this one game policy?

You can just buy from me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed with the one per customer, at least for initial sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Our plan is to initially limit sales to one per person. The goal for this is that we don't want a lot of people hopping on and buying up the inventory to sell on eBay. This limit will go away when we're confident we've caught up with demand.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dillon Flaherty
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
Our plan is to initially limit sales to one per person. The goal for this is that we don't want a lot of people hopping on and buying up the inventory to sell on eBay. This limit will go away when we're confident we've caught up with demand.

Score another win for Riot's entry into the tabletop gaming market. Great move, and thanks for the notice on it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

Thank you for this and also for your presence in the forum! Could you inform us on how to buy the game? Do we need to sign for an account st your website or will be able to click and pay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
Tarnop wrote:

2 years ago they said 67 million were playing monthly. Even if that number was a lie or people left and its only 40 million now...

It's 103 million.

www.polygon.com/2016/9/13/12891656/the-past-present-and-futu...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.