Subject: Abomination proxy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Ludlam
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all, first post on BGG (have been observing for a while)

I have the base game and NPC1 pack which is all painted now and I'm wanting to add in a couple of extra Abominations to the game. I've looked at the pack with the minotaur etc. but didn't want to get that just yet. Also looked through ebay for any additional miniatures people received from kickstarter but it's all groups and I don't really want extra walkers.

I'm not very knowledgeable about the miniatures world, does anyone have any recommendations of an Abomination type miniature that would suit the game in terms of style and size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Get onto e-bay and look up "Reaper Bones". I'm sure there will be something in there which you'll like the look of at a fairly low price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you mean to proxy an existing abomination on the game (e.g. abominarat, abominatroll...) or just a mini that would go with ZBP for you to use your own rules and such?

option 1
I like bones mini and use them for proxy,..

the troll, they have quite nice options. e.g. http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/troll/sku-down/60021 but for their price you are better of getting the boss pack.

for the rat, I think this one is a nice option: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/rat/sku-down/77292 decent price for one mini, but cant tell how big is it. they have other options if you search for "rats"

the alpha: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/werewolf/sku-down/1456... could be a nice option

I didn't look into the others from the boss pack because I think that is a good pack.

option 2
you can probably find nice option on bones mini to buy and make whatever abomination you want.
I also find that mini from descent (boadgame, very NICE one if you are ok with the investment, specially with the app for coop) would work great for this game. only down side there is that they are color coded, so no grey, but if you paint no an issue for you.

hope that helps

oh and PS welcome to BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ludlam
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks both, those options look like great minis

Chang chang: I'm looking to proxy a miniature for an extra standard abomination, want to up the ante instead of only having a maximum of 1 on the board at any time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh i see..

try searching for golems in bones mini. i own a couple, is 25mm heroic so they r a bit smaller (the ones that i have) but they work

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/golem/sku-down/02865

also.. hulk heroclix? considering that u paint, you might be able to paint over the green / marvel art (sorry i dunno, i dont paint) this can find easy at ebay

though i just noticed u r not usa. i dunno how much shipping would be. But im sure u can find also the bones mini at ebay as stephanie said

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Williams
United Kingdom
Worcester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can recommend http://miniature-heroes.co.uk/ as a source for Reaper minis (both Bones and metal). Prices and customer service are both excellent. And if you find a model on the Reaper website that isn't listed on Miniature Heroes, just ask and he'll likely get it in for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also used miniature heroes, and they are brilliant, customer-supportive with good prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ludlam
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Miniature heroes site looks great, thanks all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Williams
United Kingdom
Worcester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaliban27 wrote:
Miniature heroes site looks great, thanks all

I apologise in advance for the damage to your wallet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
77292: Giant Wererat of Reapers is a perfect abominarat, you'll just need to find an nice round base for it though. It's about 60mm to the top of its upraised hand, 30mm to the nose from the ground up, about 70mm from nose to tail and the body itself is about 50mm tall from the bottom to the middle of its back.
The 77198: Barrow Rats make nice giant undead zombie rats too btw. They are almost as tall as a hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.