Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Backed Vivarium from almost the first day I think, and can't wait to receive it. Was instantly sold on the theme, artwork and general gameplay.

I've just got round to actually reading the rulebook, and man do the battles seem overly complicated?! It feels like this would just massively slow down the game. It doesn't look like they are particularly straight forward, in fact they seem overly complicated - almost to the point where you'd need a pen and paper to work everything out. Comparing values and checking back and forth, just seems like this could really bog the game down.

Can someone that has played the PnP maybe comment on this; how often do battles happen, and are they really as clunky as they seem?

Also FWIW I definitely think "battles" is the wrong choice of word. That brings to mind epic Lord of the Rings style clashes of giant armies. Fights would be more appropriate in this case.

Lastly, I know that probably all seems very negative but I'm still really looking forward to receiving this - can't wait to get it to the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.