Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been in communication with the publisher. The price is between 25 and 30 euros (approximate $28 to $34) plus shipping. Shipping is the biggest variable. Shipping for a single copy is $28. Two drops it to $20/game. Once you get to three copies, shipping varies between $17 and $11. So, if there are at least 2 people interested, I can get copies to the US for between $39/copy and $50/copy and then ship them to you for whatever local US shipping is.

Any interest?

If there's interest, I'd like to try to get an order placed by the end of the week.

Also, it's possible that the games might ship as early as the end of next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What looks interesting about this game? It wasn't on my watch list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
What looks interesting about this game? It wasn't on my watch list.

I'm not sure if there's anything revolutionary, but it looks like a medium-light money management, resource conversion game. Here were a couple of things that caught my attention:

1. Players choose their turn order each round in reverse turn order from the previous round.

2. Simple worker placement actions should make it easy to teach. Actions: buy tiles (special power/production tiles), produce goods, ship goods, buy goods/fulfill contracts, get cash, buy VPs.

3. Produce goods is cute -- choose one of the four types and the production amount (1 - 3). Starting with the active player and going clockwise, each player that produces that sort of good gets a cube till the production amount is fulfilled. This is probably the one "unique" thing. Not sure how this plays out, but looks like there's a lot of room for cleverness/synergy/turn order/etc. My one concern with this is that goods are distributed clockwise rather than using a wraparound turn order. I'll certainly try it using the rules as written, but I'm curious about using turn order instead of clockwise to reduce the Puerto Rico turn order issues.

4. Shipping is also cute -- active player fills their ship and moves it to the back of the line. Each ship already in line "moves up". The ship at the front of the line is now unloaded into the ship owner's warehouse. Buy goods/Fulfill contracts is a separate action where players can buy as many goods as they want from ships in the line and fulfill communal contracts that give money and VPs. As the ships move up, their prices drop. Again, not sure how this plays out, but looks like there's room for cleverness.

5. There aren't too many special power tiles and they don't sound broken. Of course, that's hard to say till the game's played. And there's definitely room for expansions.

Other thoughts:
The pace of the game seems player controllable. The game ends when all (most) of the contracts are fulfilled. If players want to push it, they can get special power tiles to help that and try to get contracts fulfilled quickly. If players want to slow it, they can try to sell goods for cash and buy VPs (not sure of the relative strength of these two strategies). Of course, other players may intentionally/accidentally help one of these two speeds.

I can't say till I play it how good it is but if it's short (~60 minutes), simple to teach (10 - 15 minutes), and has a lot of player control, this could be a winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.mortificationofspin.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in - Nathan, you can play my copy (I promise).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Are we at the quantity where it could be at my door for $50 total? If so, I might be interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Are we at the quantity where it could be at my door for $50 total? If so, I might be interested.

No. I don't think there's any way it'll get to your door for $50. Best case is $50 + US shipping.

Wait, let me redo my math.

Yeah, going across country, I don't see US shipping ever being less than USPS flat rate which is going to be around $13. So, best case (i.e., 10+) will still be a little over $50 (~$53).

At quantity 4, it looks like it'll be around $62.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i'll join in. i'm only a couple of states away

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're planning a college visit to see Miami U in the near future and I have a feeling I can work out pickup. Or not - we'll see. Thanks for running point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taxers wrote:
We're planning a college visit to see Miami U in the near future and I have a feeling I can work out pickup. Or not - we'll see. Thanks for running point.

Depending on logistics, I could potentially pick it up for you, Jay. I see Jimmy a few times a year but we might step that up with some added visits. I'll definitely see him at HeavyCon II in late October if that happens to coincide with the games showing up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
Taxers wrote:

Depending on logistics, I could potentially pick it up for you, Jay. I see Jimmy a few times a year but we might step that up with some added visits. I'll definitely see him at HeavyCon II in late October if that happens to coincide with the games showing up.

I'm crossing my fingers. If they get them late next week and ship before Spiele, it's possible I'll have the games in time for Ohio HeavyCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I got a response from the publisher this morning. Looks like if we can get the order to exactly 6 copies, the price to my door is 35 euros (approximately $40). At that price, I can get it shipped anywhere in the US for a little over $50 (flat rate USPS priority is $13.65).

Any additional interest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
So, I got a response from the publisher this morning. Looks like if we can get the order to exactly 6 copies, the price to my door is 35 euros (approximately $40). At that price, I can get it shipped anywhere in the US for a little over $50 (flat rate USPS priority is $13.65).

Any additional interest?

just to clarify... the 13.65 was for people further away. If it's cheaper to ship closer using non flat rate, I'll definitely do that. And, if I've got the games by Ohio HeavyCon, which seems likely, I can deliver them for no shipping there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remain in - you can Geek Mail me your account info for a paypal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested if you need another person to get towards 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
William, thanks! In that case, I believe we're at 6 now:

me (Butterfly0038)
Jason (jasonwocky)
Jay (taxers)
Jonathan (grandslam)
John (grafpoo)
William (wwscrispin)

If everyone can confirm their interest, I'll send you all GMs with my paypal address to pay for the initial order and I'll place the order later today.

Super excited! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Confirmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to give everyone an update. The publisher shipped it out the Friday before he left for Spiele. It's now been sitting in Customs in Chicago for the past 7 days. hopefully it'll make it out the other side sometime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The copies arrived yesterday (one day late, Jay ). They're the square full-size box type. If everyone GMs me their shipping info, I can start looking for boxes and calculating shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah - that's a bummer

Please figure out shipping to

Jay Volk
2940 Oxbow Rd
Richfield, OH 44286

Thanks for taking the lead on this. Hope you all got to play some heavy games over the weekend. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jay, if you don't care when you get the game, I'll likely see Jimmy again before the year is out. Though we don't have a date, we were talking about getting together sometime in Dec last week at HCOII.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Volk
United States
Richfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey - I'm flexible on when I get the game. I'd appreciate you getting it for me. I think I can find an unplayed game around here to tide me over until then . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.