Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Sarley
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have information on the age range on this? I noticed the BGG listing is missing it, and the Riot website doesn't appear to have it listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It seems that the box says: (source)

Ages 14+
2-4 Players
1-2 Hours

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the reviews that I have seen, there is no explicit content, simple rules, streamlined gameplay, and is a co-op game (meaning you could help out those of a younger audience). Granted you would need someone older to review the rules.

I just asked Rodney Smith from Watch it Played on his review if he could weigh in on this subject.

See previous post from other user, but I still think you could play it with someone under the age of 14 myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxfield Stewart
United States
West Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Osmund wrote:
It seems that the box says: (source)

Ages 14+
2-4 Players
1-2 Hours

I've played it (and work at Riot, just not on MvM). I can safely say the content/material in the game is very kid friendly. If you're unfamiliar with Yordles in the League of Legends IP, they are small somewhat furry and mostly silly. Occasionally megalomaniacs. The game embraces this in its materials.

The game mechanics/moderate complexity is where some kids may find it harder to participate. Mainly there's a lot of text on cards, symbology and lots of programmatic style thinking as well as collaborative behavior/co-op things.

Personally I've met a lot of 7-13 year olds that could handle this game, and others that it would be a bit much for but if were willing to have help could do it. If you have a gaming family it's probably not an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sarley
United States
Huntersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm a little surprised this is 14+ up based on what I've seen, but I suppose playing the game fully as intended (with the timer on the card draft) could make it difficult for younger folks, not to mention some of the potential programming complexities.

That said, I do agree that this looks like it would be very easy to introduce this to younger kids with a little guidance, and perhaps not using the timer (at least at first).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riley Doyle
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Lots of games are 14+ so they don't have to go through more intensive consumer product testing like they would if they put a lower age on the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vestas wrote:

Personally I've met a lot of 7-13 year olds that could handle this game

Well - looking at getting this for Christmas for my 7 year old so we can play together. I'll let you all know how it goes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be playing with my 6 year old. I'm not sure how well it will go but at the very least he'll be fine with the tutorial mission where you literally can't lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.