$20.00
$5.00
$15.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: I hope I don't have to order this in Polish... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw Rahdo's run-through of the game and I'm totally convinced that this is a game for me. So I set a reminder for October 16 and registered an account on the Riot Games web site. But since I live in Sweden (Scandinavia) I have to use the servers from Poland which means that the site is in Polish. Why would they do that?!
I just hope that Google Chrome does a good job translating the website while I place my order...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Just saw Rahdo's run-through of the game and I'm totally convinced that this is a game for me. So I set a reminder for October 16 and registered an account on the Riot Games web site. But since I live in Sweden (Scandinavia) I have to use the servers from Poland which means that the site is in Polish. Why would they do that?!
I just hope that Google Chrome does a good job translating the website while I place my order...


I think you want to change the reminder for the 13th because that's when the buying starts
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
I set a reminder for October 16


you might want to check on that again. whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni Intini
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can actually change the language to English by clicking on the top right, on the main leagueoflegends site, and on the merch site you can choose whatever language you want by clicking on the flag.

Your language is not related to where they ship in Europe.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Just saw Rahdo's run-through of the game and I'm totally convinced that this is a game for me. So I set a reminder for October 16 and registered an account on the Riot Games web site. But since I live in Sweden (Scandinavia) I have to use the servers from Poland which means that the site is in Polish. Why would they do that?!
I just hope that Google Chrome does a good job translating the website while I place my order...


While I can't help you with the rest, change your reminder to October 13.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogdan Vre
msg tools
The EUNE game server and merchandise store serve many countries in Europe. I have no idea why you would think they only have the site localized in Polish. Check the flag button at the top right.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! Changed the alarm to the 13th. Thanks guys!

However it looks like they have forgotten about language selection on the css for their mobile site.

FYI I never said that I expected the game to ship from Poland, just that translating the page from Polish isn't optional. Not even for people from Poland.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Szpot
Poland
Rybnik
flag msg tools
Look! A pony!
badge
Smile :)
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
translating the page from Polish isn't optional. Not even for people from Poland.


That right there. Ugh. Plus the page for editing your address is broken, so don't make a mistake when filling it in for the first time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wuzetus wrote:
lugiber wrote:
translating the page from Polish isn't optional. Not even for people from Poland.


That right there. Ugh. Plus the page for editing your address is broken, so don't make a mistake when filling it in for the first time.

Oh, I think I got the address right. At least it looks good when I verified it.
But this game is definitely worth the effort!

Btw, I guess there's no reason to argue if a guy from Poland says that the page is bad in Polish.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Euh people you just have to select Region.
So just pick United Kingdom for Europe and the site is in English.
You can then select all European countries when selecting address.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
I wish it was that easy. If I change region to England then I get an error message telling me that I have to choose a server in Eastern Europe/Scandinavia.
Perhaps there's a way around this. But it feels like I have spent enough time trying to get the site to do what I want. I'll just leave it as it is. I won't use it again after ordering the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To bad, I can pick UK here, and then Poland is one of the possible countries I can pick. So I presumed (wrongly) this would work in other countries aswell.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spukky wrote:
To bad, I can pick UK here, and then Poland is one of the possible countries I can pick. So I presumed (wrongly) this would work in other countries aswell.

I have only tested it on my phone. Perhaps it works better on a computer. Their small screen version of the site seems a bit shaky.
I also think that Spain is considered to be western Europe while Sweden is considered as Eastern Europe. Perhaps that's why England works for you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Eriksson
Sweden
Falun
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lugiber wrote:
Spukky wrote:
To bad, I can pick UK here, and then Poland is one of the possible countries I can pick. So I presumed (wrongly) this would work in other countries aswell.

I have only tested it on my phone. Perhaps it works better on a computer. Their small screen version of the site seems a bit shaky.
I also think that Spain is considered to be western Europe while Sweden is considered as Eastern Europe. Perhaps that's why England works for you.


I'm on my computer and I can't change language from Polish

When I click the flag and choose English I have to sign in again and it says I'm in the wrong region.

Seriously Riot, not everyone in nordic/east EU speaks Polish.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Chrome and auto translate, it works pretty good. But of course not if you plan to use their site regularly.
If you, like me, are only interested in ordering the game then you should be able to do it on the auto translated site.(I hope.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Eriksson
Sweden
Falun
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I ended up using the autotranslation to register. But it turns out that I'm working late on the 13th so at least I have until December to figure out a better way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.