$35.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: So $60/$62 shipping to Australia/New Zealand rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence Wang
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rito pls!

Seriously though, can we expect cheaper shipping in the future when they decide to expand distribution by sea to areas outside NA and Europe?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i wouldn't hold my breath, if you don't mind waiting it could get cheaper, but they seem intent to use their own distribution.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are people seeing the shipping amounts? I glanced at the sight, but I did not see anything. Would really love to know how much shipping is in the US.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Scott
Australia
EAST BRISBANE
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
fubarbox wrote:
Where are people seeing the shipping amounts? I glanced at the sight, but I did not see anything. Would really love to know how much shipping is in the US.


Seems like some of the reviewers have info - Tom Vasel mentioned $8 shipping within the USA. I think Watch it Played mentioned a more detailed shipping chart. You're right though there is nothing on the site so it is possible things could change.

I really hope it does as currency conversion + shipping that's 80% of the game cost makes this too expensive for me (and I'd guess many others).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess some sort of combined shipping isnt going to be possible
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
Straddllw wrote:
Rito pls!

Seriously though, can we expect cheaper shipping in the future when they decide to expand distribution by sea to areas outside NA and Europe?

The answer would be yes, the reason NA and EU get cheap shipping is due to local distribution hubs in those areas, for AU/NZ they are sending them individually rather than in bulk

I used the shipito shipping calculator and basically cheapest shipping available was $57USD roughly for the similar size/weight of the game... so they are charging you exactly or perhaps a little cheaper what it costs for them to ship it directly

Sucks but that's the logistics economy, hoping that they either directly ship from their factory in China (if that's where it's made) or they setup a local hub in the near future which both should help reduce costs dramatically
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance House
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Yeah, $62usd shipping to NZ is the breaking point for me. I saw a Riot employee post saying if demand is there they would look at potentially putting a distro point in Au somewhere which would be great for AU/NZ.

However with current shipping prices the demand will be tiny as its the price of 3 other boardgames to get here.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How the hell do we show that there is demand here..?

Will they base it on sales..? Because at $60USD I don't think they will get many takers, and then they will think that demand isn't there..

But if they lowered the shipping price then they would get a whole lot more people interested

Catch 22 soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They'll know there is demand here if everyone contacts them to let them know that we'd like a cheaper option and/or to inquire about group buys.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
Mossquito wrote:
How the hell do we show that there is demand here..?

Will they base it on sales..? Because at $60USD I don't think they will get many takers, and then they will think that demand isn't there..

But if they lowered the shipping price then they would get a whole lot more people interested

Catch 22 soblue

I think they'll base demand on how quickly they sell units in NA/EU and estimate that they'll get X% for oceania/other regions, they'll want a steady supply chain going in NA/EU before branching out to ensure they can meet demand in the current regions.

Hopefully they look into doing this for 2nd or 3rd print run
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewAU wrote:
Mossquito wrote:
How the hell do we show that there is demand here..?

Will they base it on sales..? Because at $60USD I don't think they will get many takers, and then they will think that demand isn't there..

But if they lowered the shipping price then they would get a whole lot more people interested

Catch 22 soblue

I think they'll base demand on how quickly they sell units in NA/EU and estimate that they'll get X% for oceania/other regions, they'll want a steady supply chain going in NA/EU before branching out to ensure they can meet demand in the current regions.

Hopefully they look into doing this for 2nd or 3rd print run


Or by the 2nd or 3rd print run they will scrap the pre-painted miniatures and reduce the overall quality to keep the price point but allow distribution through other retailers...?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although certainly not in the same wheelhouse - $35 US to ship up to Canada is similarly frustrating.

I really wish they could subsidise this somehow or partner with a national vendor to bulk ship to and distribute from there.

The Kickstarter network manage quite well with partnering with a FLGS who'll handle local orders - that would be amazing in a case like this.

Once shipping meets or exceeds 50% of the value of the product I'd have to say most people would be disinclined to purchase.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Francis
Australia
Maryborough
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently checking to see if combined shipping is an option on multiple copies for me and my friends.

Does anyone know if you can preorder multiple copies?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not understand the shipping issues when it comes to price. Granted I have low shipping, but I have paid very high shipping in the past, so I am not oblivious to it sucking. That said you are still getting a game that would be and should be at least double the price they are selling it at. Keep in perspective the insane price (value) this game is being offered at and the huge quality leap and attention to detail it has over most games (certainly better quality/detail wise than any game I own, except for maybe Too many Bones).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fubarbox wrote:
I do not understand the shipping issues when it comes to price. Granted I have low shipping, but I have paid very high shipping in the past, so I am not oblivious to it sucking. That said you are still getting a game that would be and should be at least double the price they are selling it at. Keep in perspective the insane price (value) this game is being offered at and the huge quality leap and attention to detail it has over most games (certainly better quality/detail wise than any game I own, except for maybe Too many Bones).


Wise words from someone who'll have the game in their hand for $83.

Spare a thought for your Antipodean cousins who'll have to fork out $180+ for the same thing.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I shipped a 5 pound box to Belgium and cost $80! That was the very cheapest the post office had available.

International is insane these days.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LineOf7s wrote:
fubarbox wrote:
I do not understand the shipping issues when it comes to price. Granted I have low shipping, but I have paid very high shipping in the past, so I am not oblivious to it sucking. That said you are still getting a game that would be and should be at least double the price they are selling it at. Keep in perspective the insane price (value) this game is being offered at and the huge quality leap and attention to detail it has over most games (certainly better quality/detail wise than any game I own, except for maybe Too many Bones).


Wise words from someone who'll have the game in their hand for $83.

Spare a thought for your Antipodean cousins who'll have to fork out $180+ for the same thing.


Agreed..

How many games has anyone bought recently that cost almost $200 (that aren't a collector's or anniversary edition)

And then factor in the exchange rate... sorry but there are no games out there that are worth that much money!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fubarbox wrote:
I do not understand the shipping issues when it comes to price.


Whats not to understand? It costs a lot.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ferguson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see riot bothering to find a cheap solution as their market in the USA and EU will keep them happy. The only option you have is to get it sent to a holding address in the USA, my friend has one he uses then gets stuff sent from their to his Aussie address. Something like myus.com or reship.com
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might not save anything using a freight forwarder
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
itmo wrote:
I can't see riot bothering to find a cheap solution as their market in the USA and EU will keep them happy. The only option you have is to get it sent to a holding address in the USA, my friend has one he uses then gets stuff sent from their to his Aussie address. Something like myus.com or reship.com

bortmonkey wrote:
Might not save anything using a freight forwarder

Based off shipito calculator using size/weight gathered from other threads cheapest shipping is $57, not exactly great savings especially when you consider NA shipping +$8 and any other fees, at the moment the cheapest shipping option for us is direct through Riot
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that haven't seen the response, Chris posted this in another thread RE shipping to AUS

Riot Kades wrote:
Mossquito wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:
.... But to do that, we couldn't charge $200 for the game.


But you are charging that for us Aussies and NZ'ers when you include the prices for shipping (which come in at almost the same price as the game itself) and then the conversion rates (which I know you have no control over)

What are you guys doing about looking for a distributor in Australia, or as an alternative allowing bulk orders for Aussies to cut down on the ridiculously high shipping price?


Hey, this is a very fair complaint. I'll be the first to say that the cost to ship from NA to Oceanic regions is obscene. I don't want that cost for you - that's definitely not where we're padding our revenues or anything. The original plan was just to distribute in NA and EU. We chatted about whether to include AUS with that, and I ultimately said yes. Not because I, personally, found the shipping costs reasonable - but because I wanted to let AUS players decide. I'd rather have given you the option.

Keep in mind, BGG is primarily for English speakers, but League serves a global audience. So we're not, yet, shipping to Korea or Russia or Japan or Argentina. And while the EU store can reach these countries, we haven't yet translated the game to German, French, Italian, Czech, so for many people in those regions (and many, many others), the game is still unavailable. For AUS, the game is still basically unavailable, but AUS is also a unique snowflake in that we speak the same basic language - so we won't need to reprint a new language for you.

I can't commit to when (or in many cases IF) we'll be able to get the game to other regions, and Oceanic regions fall squarely in that bucket. Part of that depends on demand - though there can definitely be other factors. Every country is different. But until the day we can get local distribution sorted, you could be in the same boat as Japan or Russia or Korea and not even have the option.

Ultimately, I'd encourage you to only get MvM when you feel it's worth it to you and your situation. There's not intended to be a hard sell, here, and if I can get it distributed in AUS in the future, I will. I'd hate for you to spend through the nose on shipping and 12 months later, you're frustrated that the guy down the street got it for cheaper.

I guess I saw a bad choice as slightly better than no choice.


Not sure that context will even help. :/
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Better the expensive opportunity than no opportunity at all, I suppose.

Maybe I could play one of the dozens of other games I really, really wanted that I haven't touched yet. Hrmmmm... whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
Response is understandable, but still unfortunate at this stage the shipping will price this out as an option for me, probably a good thing though as I have too many unplayed games! shake

Hoping that sometime next year they are able to bring this to more countries, I'd say so as they aren't a small company by any means
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Add me the the 'demand in Aus" list!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.