$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Having 2 Target Lock/ Evade tokens... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
Faq, rules, posts, etc...
Meanwhile this point is still not absolutely clear for me.

1)Suppose my ship has 2 Target Lock tokens on the same ship.
I spend the first Target Lock token. So I re-roll some dice.
Not totally satisfied, I spend the 2nd Target Lock token. So I re-roll some dice (NOT the same dice re-rolled, due to the 1st Target Lock token).
Am I right ?

2)Suppose my ship has 2 Evade tokens.
Can I spend these 2 Evade tokens in order to cancel 2 damages ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pilum2008 wrote:
Faq, rules, posts, etc...
Meanwhile this point is still not absolutely clear for me.

1)Suppose my ship has 2 Target Lock tokens on the same ship.
I spend the first Target Lock token. So I re-roll some dice.
Not totally satisfied, I spend the 2nd Target Lock token. So I re-roll some dice (NOT the same dice re-rolled, due to the 1st Target Lock token).
Am I right ?

2)Suppose my ship has 2 Evade tokens.
Can I spend these 2 Evade tokens in order to cancel 2 damages ?


1) The only ship that can have 2 target locks on the same target is TIE Punisher pilot "Redline." Assuming this is the situation you're referring to, you could in principle roll some attack dice, decide to spend one target lock to reroll a few dice, then spend the second target lock to reroll a few different dice. However, this would never be optimal, as you would be better off rerolling all the blanks (and possibly eyeballs) with the first target lock, which means the only results left that you could reroll with the second target lock would be hits/crits (e.g. the dice you chose not to reroll the first time)... but why would anyone do that?

If you have one target lock (more likely) and, say, Predator upgrade, you could use Predator to reroll 1 (or 2) dice and then choose whether or not to spend the target lock afterwards... but again, you can't reroll the dice rolled with Predator, so it's a pretty niche situation (you probably would just spend the target lock in the first place if you have more than 1 (or 2) dice to reroll).

2) Not according to the latest rules/FAQ. (You used to be able to do this, but it is now against the "once per opportunity" rule. You can only spend one of a given type of token per incoming attack.
*edit* ... which now makes me question my answer to 1), but as I mentioned, it doesn't matter since the situation would never present itself.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Allenberg
msg tools
iNano78 wrote:
2) Not according to the latest rules/FAQ. (You used to be able to do this, but it is now against the "once per opportunity" rule. You can only spend one of a given type of token per incoming attack.
*edit* ... which now makes me question my answer to 1), but as I mentioned, it doesn't matter since the situation would never present itself.


Just a point of clarification: it's one of a given type of token per effect per attack. For example, if you have Sensor Cluster you can spend a focus to change one blank result to an evade, and a second focus token to change any focus results to evades. I don't think this really applies to evade tokens currently, but it is an important distinction.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks !


You are right, only the Redline Pilot card allows to have 2 Target Lock tokens on the same ship.
The Weapons Engineer Crew Upgrade card allows to have 2 Target Lock tokens, on 2 differents ships...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:

1) The only ship that can have 2 target locks on the same target is TIE Punisher pilot "Redline."

Aren't there some other exceptions that this could happen? Like say Colonel Jendon the Shuttle that can pass off target locks, can't he pass one to a ship that already has a lock on the same ship? I seem to remember some ability that was instead of discarding the target lock, pass the blue one to a friendly ship (but can't find it, so I might be imagining things).

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a pilot who can acquire a target lock immediately after spending it to re-roll her dice(Drea?).
Only rationale I have for doing this is if you use your TL to reroll the blanks/focus results and they all stay blank/focus, except for one hit. It might be worth rerolling the hit to see if you can get all blanks - then gunner for a second attack. That is really the only reason it might be a good idea to the double re-roll.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Beatrice
United Kingdom
Rochdale
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess Manaroo could pass his Target Lock to a ship that already has one. In that case, yes you could use a TL to re-roll some dice, then the second TL to re-roll the other dice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure a ship is only allowed 1 assigned blue TL token unless otherwise specified (e.g. by Weapons Engineer or "Redline" etc). I don't have the rules handy though. But nobody was allowed to do this back in wave 1 (Dutch Vander's Y-wing) or wave 3 (Colonel Jendon's Lambda Shuttle).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Crane
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
iNano78 wrote:
I'm pretty sure a ship is only allowed 1 assigned blue TL token unless otherwise specified (e.g. by Weapons Engineer or "Redline" etc). I don't have the rules handy though. But nobody was allowed to do this back in wave 1 (Dutch Vander's Y-wing) or wave 3 (Colonel Jendon's Lambda Shuttle).


This is correct. A ship may only have one target lock at a time unless a specific card effect tells them otherwise. If they would acquire a second target lock or are assigned a second blue target lock token then they discard the first target lock.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
Suppose again my ship has 2 Target Lock tokens on the same ship...

1) I decide to use a Concussion missile.
2) So I spend a Target Lock token in order to use this missile.
3) I roll the dice...
4)...and I spend the second Target Lock because I want to re-roll some dice !

Am I right ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pilum2008 wrote:
Suppose again my ship has 2 Target Lock tokens on the same ship...

1) I decide to use a Concussion missile.
2) So I spend a Target Lock token in order to use this missile.
3) I roll the dice...
4)...and I spend the second Target Lock because I want to re-roll some dice !

Am I right ?


Yes. That's essentially what "Redline" is all about.
(He certainly doesn't get much out of 2 Target Locks with his 2-dice primary attack)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Beatrice
United Kingdom
Rochdale
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stand corrected!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
iNano78 wrote:

1) The only ship that can have 2 target locks on the same target is TIE Punisher pilot "Redline."

Aren't there some other exceptions that this could happen? Like say Colonel Jendon the Shuttle that can pass off target locks, can't he pass one to a ship that already has a lock on the same ship? I seem to remember some ability that was instead of discarding the target lock, pass the blue one to a friendly ship (but can't find it, so I might be imagining things).

-shnar


His ability specifically says to a ship without a blue TL token. Kind of sad you can't pass it and then use the FAQ ruling to then drop one of the two tokens.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im more worried about the 2 evade tokens against a single attack.. is that true??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kalevi1999 wrote:
Im more worried about the 2 evade tokens against a single attack.. is that true??


Yep, latest FAQ says only one evade or focus can be spent for defense/attack to modify for their normal use. You can still use a focus for calculation and one for regular modification. Lando netting double evade against a single ship means you have one unused token at the end (assuming you have no other reason to spend it).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SwampMonster wrote:
kalevi1999 wrote:
Im more worried about the 2 evade tokens against a single attack.. is that true??


Yep, latest FAQ says only one evade or focus can be spent for defense/attack to modify for their normal use. You can still use a focus for calculation and one for regular modification. Lando netting double evade against a single ship means you have one unused token at the end (assuming you have no other reason to spend it).


You used to be able to stack at least a couple Evade tokens via Jan Ors (crew) on Kyle Katarn, or Jan Ors and Millennium Falcon (incl title) with Push the Limit, etc. You can still stack them but can't spend them all on the same attack.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.