Subject: Spoiler warning - none contained here rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soooo.... I watched the geekandsundry playthrough....

And there was a spoiler... just sitting there... ugh...

If you value hidden content staying hidden click carefully!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Rahdo's video was spoiler-free up until the point where I knew I'd want the game (about halfway through the extended portion). He was very careful about it up until then, highly doubt he would have spoiled anything towards the end.

That would be the vid I'd check out (game looks great too IMO).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone sent me the link and its there right from the beginning of the video, no warnings contained... The others (linked here on BGG) have been pretty good at being spoiler free (only watched a couple of the overviews)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man Vs Meeple showed a big spoiler and only after talking about it for about 30 seconds did they say, "Oh...Spoiler Warning!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know why everyone thinks this is some mega spoiler. The contents of the box are literally explained on the first page of rules in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we can all work out what the sealed box might contain,

Spoiler (click to reveal)
after all, some of it is sticking out of the box!

but still its nice to maintain an element of mystery - or that is how the designers seem to have wanted us to approach it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pedro_ak wrote:
or that is how the designers seem to have wanted us to approach it!
Considering all the care that went into the announcement of the game, I feel like they would have been pretty explicit with the reviewers if they wanted it to remain secret.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
Thanks. Rahdo's video was spoiler-free up until the point where I knew I'd want the game (about halfway through the extended portion). He was very careful about it up until then, highly doubt he would have spoiled anything towards the end.

That would be the vid I'd check out (game looks great too IMO).

Yeah, it's a real shame so many folks are opening the mini-box and showing what's in it, I didn't think that would be so prevalent. The devs went out of their way to do this cool sealed "teaser" box where you just see a hint of what's inside, and it was really cool for me and Jen when we got to open it when the campaign told us to (including cutting open the seal, making it feel like he was finally being let free), so we were lucky to be introduced to it as the developers intended.

Hopefully most folks get the same experience...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Thimbleby
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that for myself, and I presume for anyone else who hasn't played LoL, there wasn't much lost in having it spoiled. I've seen the thing inside the box via some of these youtube reviews ... but it really doesn't mean anything to me.

i.e. I don't even understand how it is a spoiler.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I'm guessing it's supposed to be someone specific from the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice Tower did the same thing, that was really irritating. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only Rodney and Rhado didn't open the spoilers. Dice Tower did and I accidentally saw what was in the secret box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.