Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
INFECTED EGGS
mbmbmbmbmb
I am very pleased with the presentation and component quality of this game, also the adequate and tidy component tray. A really nice item.

Is this typical of Z Man Games? I don't own enough to make a judgement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
I own this, Pandemic, Knit Wit, Archaeology: The New Expedition, Beyond Baker Street, Pandemic Legacy: Season 1, Wasabi! and Merchants & Marauders (and I'm sure a few others) and yes they are all good. They don't all have a good insert like this, but the components are always good quality. Not the best I've ever come across mind you, but they are good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Z-Man Games consistently produce top quality products at reasonable prices. Never bought one I wasn't overjoyed with.

and I'm not saying that just because they are a local company and I wish I worked there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Kelley
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got On the Brink and I realized that Z Man is pretty cagey about their inserts.
Pandemic has a cardboard bit of uselessness. The 1st expansion, On the Brink, has this amazing plastic tray, with the perfect place for nearly everything and a cozy little spot to keep your cards snug and safe.
For the next expansion, State of Emergency, they went back to the cardboard bit of uselessness.
The last expansion, In the Lab, has the same perfect plastic tray.

It's like they put out the 1st expansion and were like, "We can let people carry these both in the same box!" Then with expansion #3, "They won't be able to fit this all in that same box and we can save money and the environment by just sticking in the cardboard." For expansion #4, "If we go back to the plastic, they can consolidate, 1 game, 3 expansions, 2 boxes!"

I was seriously enamored of the way they worked that out.

*Edit* Onirim too, has the most adorable set up on opening the box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
INFECTED EGGS
mbmbmbmbmb
Component quality and presentation are very important to me. I have the original Pandemic and On the Brink expansion and - as noted - they do lack a component tray but do have high production standards. I will certainly keep this in mind when looking at games in the future. I have Pandemic Iberia on pre-order - I trust this is Z-Man too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilly Berto
United States
flag msg tools
I have the first edition of Robinson Crusoe from Zman and it is one of the crown jewels of my collection. I also have their versions of Stone Age, Agricola, El Grande Big Box, all of the Pandemics, and a half dozen or so small box games. People have already mentioned inserts (or lack of), which I guess would be my only complaint if I had any. Though Pandemic In the Lab and the El Grande Big Box have very nice ones. Everything is always top notch. They are one of a few publishers that I will buy a game from based on their pedigree alone. And yes, Iberia is also Z-Man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.