Subject: Did anyone laminate their character cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Blank
Germany
Münster
Northrine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Just wondering, since I didn't find any sleeves at all for the character cards, and some of them show wear already: did you laminate the character cards? I'm too lazy to copy them and laminate the copies, but I'm worried about ruining the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't (yet). I have probably 50 plays with the base game components, and the character cards show no sign of wearing out. Maybe a little scuffing on the edges, but since we're not doing anything crazy like trying to pick them randomly, it's not a big deal.

I wonder if the sleeves for the Cosmic Encounter Alien races might be close enough to the right size... http://www.boardgamer.org/product_info.php?cPath=39_359&prod... ... those are 115*173mm, but I don't know the measurements of the BSG character cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did laminate mine with no problem, its not thick cardboard so there's really no problem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a must!
Always do for everything that size and as other fellow geeks just said
It's easy and not a problem at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
No. We have played 150+ games without anyone messing up the character sheets. (I have had whitewinespill on a few miracle tokens and a few sleeved cards though.)

(How is it possible to scuff them if you store them in a ziplock bag in the box? The character sheets aren't handled and are barely touched during the game. And different wear levels do not matter, because your character is not secret information.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's possible to scuff them if you don't ziploc them. Of course now I have the broken token insert but used to be we just stacked them and tossed them in the box; they held up really well all things considered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb

The character cards don't get as much wear as the standee's and pilot tokens.

After over 300 plays, the edges are a little worn on the popular characters, but not bad compared to the other components.

Be aware that lamination is permanent, I don't laminate original game components, just copies and un-official playaids etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't laminate any of mine. Even if they get enough wear that it makes shuffling noticeable, 1) most of our games have us choose our own character than "pseudo-random", and 2) I don't think they have gotten worn.

The only case I would've laminated my character sheet, which ended up not happening was if I got them autographed. Nicki Clyne (Cally) and Richard Hatch (Zarek, Tom, and "old Apollo" for those 1984 fans ) made their appearances at a convention which I was thinking about going to, but I ended up having to bail.

MIDEDIT: I'm putting the latter part in spoilers since I'm revealing stuff from the show.
Somebody who did get autographs from both of them got some props from Richard Hatch, saying the poster he picked was proof that Zarek was president of the Colonies, even if in brief

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
davidallves wrote:
I did laminate mine with no problem, its not thick cardboard so there's really no problem
Me too, and they turned out great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.