Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Yasi
United States
Tewksbury
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried this with more than 6 players? I'd love to play this with my full group of 8.

Other than having to fit extra pawns into the airship (easily solved), would the game mechanics break down if the player cap were upped to 8 (or more)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mavis
England
A Fine City
flag msg tools
"I have set my life upon a cast, And I will stand the hazard of the die."
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it would make any difference to the mechanics other than the cards might run quite low.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would work really well.

The only thing I worry about is each turn taking longer than necessary as peeps have to be prompted ie: "Bob? Are you in or out?" "Oh, who's the captain again?" "Kevin is". "How many cards do you have Kevin?" That sort of nonsense.

Especially for new players I really have to play "turn nag" until they get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to point out the obvious but I suspect this game was balance for up to 6 players. Now you prob. can play with more, you might not even notice a difference, but don't be surprised if things go off course due to the larger player number.

If I was in your situation I doubt that would bother me, but then I play most games just for the fun and social interaction.

Either way if you do it please let us know how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
XSeb74 XSeb74
France
Sillingy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We did some try, it work but sometimes it misses some cards when everyone keeps its turbos and the lower cities are quickly empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Yasi
United States
Tewksbury
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies all! It sounds like it would be OK to go up to 7 or maybe even 8, but based on Seb's reply I'd combine the cards from 2 games before going beyond that. It will be a while before I can test this out, but I'll report back when I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.