Codex: Card-Time Strategy – Deluxe Set» Forums » General

Subject: wait, sharks are blue? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure why I never noticed this, but sharks are blue tech tokens? Shouldn't they be red since they are summoned by a red spell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they are blue and meant to be. There are couple discussion about this already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume it's a flavor thing because they are aquatic animals. The other water-related token, Argagarg's Water Elemental is also blue.
It's a little weird because blue isn't exactly associated with water in Codex.

It doesn't really matter mechanically, because colors barely play any mechanical role (besides multi-color penalties in deck building and casting minor spells). I think Green is the only one that is every relevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:
No, they are blue and meant to be. There are couple discussion about this already.

Okay, thanks. I went through the threads twice and didn't see anything

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's Zane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:

Huh. I have not seen any of these treads either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
Wildhorn wrote:

Huh. I have not seen any of these treads either.

It was discussed in the Kickstarter comments, but not so far as I can tell on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zejety wrote:
I think Green is the only one that is every relevant.

Black is at Tech 3 Necromancy, but yeah that might be it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing really new is said here but I'm apart of the conversation now, yay!

Yeah there aren't a ton of cards that are specific to color but there are a few of them.

Green has:
Circle of Life
Galina Glimmer
Gigadon

Red:
Hotter Fire

Black:
Lord of Shadows

Purple:
While it doesn't directly mention color any card that interacts with time runes might as well say Purple at this point

Yeah so there's not a ton of cards that take color into consideration. This is good imo if there were a bunch it take away too much from the chose any three specs idea.

So as has already been said they're blue because Water and Zane (he's a weird guy I mean he has a spell that targets but it doesn't target) in this case it doesn't really have a mechanical impact. Arg's Water Elemental being blue does have a mechanical impact though because of Green's three cards that care about color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam C.
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I had to guess, the biggest reason would be the Circle of Life card that green has, and a possible overpowered combination with Anarchy Spec. Being able to summon 2 tokens, both of which could attack immediately for 3 damage a piece and then one being traded up to a Tech I unit after attacking? That's very, very powerful, especially for early game. It might have broken a few playtest matches, so they made the sharks Blue and had it so Circle of Life only works on Green cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
SergeEXE wrote:
If I had to guess, the biggest reason would be the Circle of Life card that green has, and a possible overpowered combination with Anarchy Spec. Being able to summon 2 tokens, both of which could attack immediately for 3 damage a piece and then one being traded up to a Tech I unit after attacking? That's very, very powerful, especially for early game. It might have broken a few playtest matches, so they made the sharks Blue and had it so Circle of Life only works on Green cards.

But that's no mechanical reason to make them blue instead of red. Red is certainly not green. So it would have sufficed to make Circle of Life specific to green cards.

I'm also guessing it is just Zane messing with us and shark being associated water and water being associated to blue, in general.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sharks are blue because they are truly peaceful and law-abiding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.