Hide
13 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Where can you buy this from? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Turl
msg tools
Hi guys, where is the link to where it will be sold when it becomes available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/mechs-vs-minions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Turl
msg tools
Morph Mode wrote:

Cheerz m8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no pre-order for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No pre order. You buy direct from the LOL merch site. Riot have said they will print the number of games required to meet demand, so if the first run of 30,000 copies sells out then rest assured you will be able to get a copy in 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
marwan_marwan wrote:
There's no pre-order for this?

This call was mine and it might have ultimately been the wrong one - so if that ends up being the case, I apologize for that. I'll try to talk about how I came to it, though, I fully admit that not having pre-orders is a bit non-traditional.

The thing is, in the video game world (or at least at Riot), preorders are seen as a toxic tactic that benefits companies at the expense of players. And since we have a limited amount of units at any one point in time (as all physical products share that constraint) there was a very real chance that people would rush out and pre-order without having enough time to understand the game we were selling. Placing their order quickly based on 'hype' instead of 'context'. The same way I wanted to give reviewers a few weeks to play the game before they rushed out their review, I wanted to give players a few weeks to read through those reviews to see if MvM would be right for their game group. MvM won't be for everyone! And I'd so much rather us sell it to people who it was a fit for than people who felt like they had to buy it right away before the hype train passed them by. We intend to keep making units as long as their is demand.

If you've read through what you need to feel confident in your purchase, we'll open up sales for everyone on October 13th. But between now and then, read through the stuff here and from whatever outlets you trust and try to make an educated call on whether MvM would be a fit for you and your game group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
That is an excellent response, hard to disagree with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Shroff
New Zealand
flag msg tools
How do I buy it if I'm not in The USA or Canada?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Australia/ NZ still purchase from the US Store, I believe. The shipping is pretty brutal (though, more subsidized than anywhere else we ship).

For all regions, if you click the "Purchase Now" button at the top of www.mechsvsminions.com, it should send you to your local store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Shroff
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Hi Chris.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Tried that and I can only select Canada or USA as the country for the address. No other countries available in the scroll down selection box.

Country is, however, a required field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
ZealDib wrote:
Hi Chris.

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Tried that and I can only select Canada or USA as the country for the address. No other countries available in the scroll down selection box.

Country is, however, a required field.

Once you get to the shop, you should be able to change shipping region by clicking the flag in the top right corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Shroff
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Hey Runtsta

Thanks for the assist. Very much appreciated. Got it sorted now.

The shipping is pretty hideous as Chris stated. $50 American. 2/3 the cost of the base product in shipping.

So all up $126 American.

Is it worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If it wasn't Riot producing MvM, the materials alone would push the game price to at least that, more likely even more. It my not be such an insane bargain as the "non-import" price, but it's still a fair price. You might want to check if you'll have customs due, as well, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.