Popular Tags: [View All]
\m/ Stoner Rock \m/ (((Joe)))
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen some videos (even the "GenCon Klask Finals" video) where the player puts the ball in the corner on kickoff, and then guides it out to their side of the field with the striker before hitting the ball again across the center line. We have always played that you must hit the ball from the corner so that it crosses the center line without any additional hits/touches.

The rules are not explicitly clear on this, but it seems like if you're allowed to guide/hit the ball multiple times after kickoff before it crosses the center line, there is no point is starting from the corner.

We emailed the designer, and he confirmed that the intention is to hit the ball across the center line from the corner on the kickoff. (However, he did admit that the rules are not clear, and that the players can use whatever method they both agree on.)

Just wanted to put this information out there. Hopefully future editions of the game will have this point clarified in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never occurred to me that it is possible to guide the ball out.It is no doubt against the intention of the kick off rule, and see no reason to add more detail to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
\m/ Stoner Rock \m/ (((Joe)))
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eker wrote:
Never occurred to me that it is possible to guide the ball out.It is no doubt against the intention of the kick off rule, and see no reason to add more detail to it.

Same here, but obviously some people were confused since the Official GenCon Klask Finals had players kicking off incorrectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.