Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Mask of Anubis» Forums » Rules

Subject: what is allowed after you are finished with description with the mask rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Buhlmann
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
the rules mentions that you can't tell the others what is wrong with your speeach, but you can mark it with the !-Marker. After I place a !-Marker, they can change things. Can I then place another !-Marker if it is still wrong, or remove the marker to show it is right?

When we speak in later turns with the group to combine different pieces, can I say that I remember that there was something wrong and they didn't notice it, but we can combine these two because this here is wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buel
United States
Pearl River
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You can talk after the mask portion. Quote from Rulebook

"The player wearing the Mask can tell anything about what
she/he sees without limitations. However the viewing
player is not allowed to fix a part of the map if it is wrong,
But she/he can use the Comment Marker to show the
mistake. (Other Markers can be moved to.)"

As for the second question, the rules state that map should only be broken down / combined if the tile overlaps.

"The players can combine parts of the map. They can break down parts of
the map if they overlap."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly, I don't find it very helpful. The rules try hard to push certain idea, but they sort of contradict each other. So you cannot fix the map if it is wrong, but you can move markers? What's the point of using the comment marker then? Are the comment markers specifically just for the labirynth tiles?

After I finish watching through mask, can I still talk and explain what I saw? If yes, in what manner - can I just point finger and say - there was a torch or flower in here, or should I continue as if I were still wearing the mask, like: "when I was looking to the left, I saw the flower in front of me, and torch to the right"?

"They can break down parts of the map if they overlap." - why would I ever do that? If they overlap then I think it's natural to combine them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Baygents
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had trouble with this (and some other points) as well. The rules aren't well-written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.