$20.00
$60.00
Manuel Gracia
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played my base copy of Arcadia Quest or Beyond the Grave expansion yet, but I've already started organizing all the tokens and bits.

For thematic purposes and keeping loot looking fresh, if I play Arcadia Quest: Inferno should I just use the item cards that came with it? Or should I mix all the item cards together from the original Arcadia Quest as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would suggest playing with just the Inferno starter/upgrade cards for your first Inferno campaign, as that is how the game is intended to be played. After that, feel free to do whatever you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, you'll get the most gameplay by playing in order:

1) Base Campaign
2) Beyond the Grave Campaign + Base Stuff
3) Inferno Campaign
4) Inferno + Base Mixed campaign (they will release a PDF that integrates both into a new campaign)

This will also make more sense story-wise, as there's somewhat of a continuation from the base game to inferno. By keeping the loot, etc. separate, you make each campaign playthrough more interesting, as each campaign opens new mechanics (i.e. Inferno has damnation that doesn't make as much sense in the regular base game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Penrose
United States
Derby
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest keeping the loot separate. Inferno has enemies that punish the amount of Damnation accrued. If you are playing the base game and are using items that power up by accruing Damnation, you won't have to suffer the full penalty of using them. You will only have to be wary of other players that have upgrades that key off of damnation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Gracia
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's great to know. THANKS for all the responses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the heroes. In Inferno, there are heroes that work better with Exotic weapons and spears (or something like that), and these weapons show up in the Inferno Loot only, I think. Therefore, I would also be careful about matching heroes and loot to campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just added my Beyond the Grave items to my Base Game set. I took out a few duplicates items (suggested in the rulebook), it should just add more variety. They are more sort of crypt-themed and flavored towards death curses, but still work in any set. Inferno, as mentioned, adds several new mechanisms that seem much more flavored towards Inferno.

mavericklancer wrote:
IMO, you'll get the most gameplay by playing in order:

1) Base Campaign
2) Beyond the Grave Campaign + Base Stuff
3) Inferno Campaign
4) Inferno + Base Mixed campaign (they will release a PDF that integrates both into a new campaign)

This will also make more sense story-wise, as there's somewhat of a continuation from the base game to inferno.

May, I wish I could get 3 consistent people together who loved this game as much as me. I'd really love to play through all the expansions in order like this, ending with a big Dragon battle. I've only managed to successfully complete one full campaign of the base set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.