Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Gonzalez
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I BADLY want a 4x game in space with different alien races. TI:3 is just too daunting for my gaming group. Eclipse seems really long too, and it gets no love at all from the reviewers I normally watch/read. New Dawn (despite being in the AtS Universe that I really like) gets no love... anywhere! So, is Master of Orion my salvation? Or should I be looking into something like Exodus or Race/Roll for the Galaxy??

HELP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mentat1231 wrote:
I BADLY want a 4x game in space with different alien races. TI:3 is just too daunting for my gaming group. Eclipse seems really long too, and it gets no love at all from the reviewers I normally watch/read. New Dawn (despite being in the AtS Universe that I really like) gets no love... anywhere! So, is Master of Orion my salvation? Or should I be looking into something like Exodus or Race/Roll for the Galaxy??

HELP!
Have you considered Space Empires: 4X? It's a 4X in space (though you need the expansion to add unique faction abilities)
It can be long for the first game or two, but once everybody knows what they are doing it can be played in a couple hours.
Still not as quick as Master of Orion will supposedly be and Race for the Galaxy already is, but it is also a much different game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pasmeny
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hasn't been released yet, and not listed as 4X but give Solarius Mission a peek.

Might scratch the itch and time frame you are looking at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.