BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Machi Koro - $17.28 Shipped w/ Prime (Amazon, Because Prime) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Amazon has Machi Koro for $17.28 shipped with Prime.

Amazon link: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/1631400924/?tag=article-boardgam...

All other online game retailers have it for at least $19 before shipping. This isn't the lowest it's ever been on Amazon, but it's close.

Here are a few reviews.

The problems with Machi Koro and how I’ve come to still enjoy it
Machi Koro - A Detailed Review

My review? This game was one of my biggest gaming disappointments. I thought it would be a great family game but unlike Rise of Augustus it fell completely flat no matter how many times we tried it straight or house-ruled. It's so thoroughly mediocre in so many ways but feels like it could be something if it just tried a little harder. I also hate that it takes up so much space for basically being a deck of cards, but I'm an unreliable narrator because I don't judge Splendor or Race for the Galaxy harshly for the exact same thing. In conclusion, the game is cheap and the five users here who don't already have it should buy it. Consume!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like it! Of course, I like just about anything. My 7 year old was able to play it and never got bored because there is something for everyone to do on every turn. And boy does he like screwage. He bought up every red card he could and schooled us big time.

I've heard that Valeria: Card Kingdoms and Frontier Stations both use this dice mechanic which I like very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
abonosky wrote:
I like it! Of course, I like just about anything. My 7 year old was able to play it and never got bored because there is something for everyone to do on every turn. And boy does he like screwage. He bought up every red card he could and schooled us big time.

I've heard that Valeria: Card Kingdoms and Frontier Stations both use this dice mechanic which I like very much.

I'm not falling for this trap (although of course you got me to read reviews and look at pictures right away). I've found Mina's elaborate thoughts to be a good way to gauge my opinion even when I don't necessarily agree with their outcome.

Mina's Not-So-Mini Review - A Success for Families and Casual Gamers

In this case it probably doesn't matter anyway because Machi Koro was the beginning of the end of dice in our house. I've been issued a strict directive to stop getting games with dice. I take this to mean that I must fill the dice-based gap by replacing them with more card-only games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:

Valeria is vastly superior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
abonosky wrote:

I'm not falling for this trap (although of course you got me to read reviews and look at pictures right away). I've found Mina's elaborate thoughts to be a good way to gauge my opinion even when I don't necessarily agree with their outcome.

Mina's Not-So-Mini Review - A Success for Families and Casual Gamers

In this case it probably doesn't matter anyway because Machi Koro was the beginning of the end of dice in our house. I've been issued a strict directive to stop getting games with dice. I take this to mean that I must fill the dice-based gap by replacing them with more card-only games.

I absolutely love Mina's reviews - she's caused me some purchases, but speaking of traps - she's never watched Star Wars, sooooo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emperordahc
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wife and I loved Machi Koro, but after personally dealing with the card size issue with the first expansion and then hearing the exact same problem with the second expansion, we bowed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.