Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So now I got some games under my belt, the build I prefer so far is [Necromancy]/Feral/Blood.

What I like about this build is that it has different possible strategy and many way to counter opponent strategy. It is very versatil.

The main strategy is to have an army of 2/1 long-range/anti-air skeletons, thanks to Drakk and Skeletal Archery.
This is a very strong early strategy with few counters that early. You also want quickly a Corpse Catapult to be able to destroy the tower add-on (the main counter). Usually you can spawn between 3 and 5 skeletons per turn once the Bone Collectors are on the board. If you manage to get Drakk at full level and its ultimate spell, with the amount of tokens you should have, it get crazy quick.

If you expect them to go for an anti-swarm strategy, you can go instead with a Feral strategy. Centaur and Rampaging Elephant gives you big bodies to hold until you can Feral Strike and put down 2 Gigadon or if you are lucky enough to have your Tech III, two Moss Ancient, and from there it is good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Evan Lopez
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ha! This was my first multicolor build, actually! Although I focused mostly on skeletons and frogs with Drakk's Frenzy, and then tried to get Behind the Ferns on the table to just all-in their base with stealth.

Rampaging Elephant with maxband Drakk or just casting Bloodlust is also a devastating lategame plan, as well as the dangerous "Crashbarrow Forever" gameplan of using Graveyard, Garth maxband and Crashbarrows at Tech II to continually blow through their patrol zone.

Also, where does Feral Strike say that you need to be at Tech III to grab Tech IIIs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leontes44 wrote:
Also, where does Feral Strike say that you need to be at Tech III to grab Tech IIIs?

Pretty much on the card

You don't need it to fetch it from the codex, but you need it to put it in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
What Feral Strike does let you do is put into play a Tech III from a different spec than you've chosen, due to its weird "buildings of the same tech level" phrasing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Evan Lopez
United States
California
flag msg tools
lol disregard me, I'm bad

I was confusing this card with Circle of Life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Byrne
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I like this combo! I'm undefeated with it so far. Although I never manage to get the catapults working, the blood hero's team pump +1 is just so good with either frog or skeleton spam. Being able to pump out cats is a good backup strat. The boosted executioner is a buster too. This style is especially nice for busting people who are expecting a longer game. I think it might lose to something like efficient blockers to stall for even more efficient protossvortoss units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.