$15.00
$5.00
$30.00
Lou Michalski
United States
West Homestead
PA
flag msg tools
So I picked up the goblins fight! deck at my flgs, and looking some of the cards, especially the blessings, it seems sometimes the optimal choice for the goblin player is to do something that can harm other players, which seems to go against what OP should be about. There's a blessing that lets you swipe a card from another person's discard pile and run away to another location, and another when played that will deal random damage. I feel like I have to be extra careful not to screw over other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a rule in OP that governs that.

Adventure Card Guild Guide wrote:
Don’t take actions that may harm another player’s character without that player’s consent.

So, if you are going to play a Goblin with those kinds of powers, you'll have to make sure such actions are ok with the other players. If they aren't, you'll be limited in what you can do or maybe should play another character.

I know everyone I've played with wouldn't mind, so long as you weren't going to kill them or push them to the brink of death. But taking a card from my discard pile or dealing me 1 damage wouldn't be a bid deal to me and everyone I've ever played with. I realize other groups my have different experiences though.

There was some similar discussion on the Paizo forums.

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lizk?Goblins-Promo-Card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House Rules
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
Don't follow me! I'm lost.
mbmbmbmbmb
The fun, or lack thereof, in any game is very player dependent. I play Reta with my group and have never hurt anyone. I don't use the goblin blessing as it is just worse than a normal one. As far as taking from someone's discard - with permission - it will probably not hurt them at all, and in fact could help the group. I just don't understand the issues with the goblins. Any player hurting other players, in any way, without the agreement of the group, should not be playing. In fact, I have Mogmurch and almost always give him to other players, thus putting myself at risk of damage. So...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.