Subject: Surprised at the lack of buzz! Also a quick question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw an ad for this, and I was intrigued. I clicked through and the game sounds pretty great! I liked the idea of cutthroat caverns, but wanted something with a bit more meat. This sounds like exactly that. Not to mention the Father Geek review--I respect him as a source. I plan on backing this.

Quick question: Everything else seems to say 3-5 players, but the KS page says 3-6. I REALLY hope it's actually 6, as I quite frequently play with that number.

This game is very close to funding. I hope it hits the mark! I'm guessing the ads just went up today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Watts
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, Ben! I've actually had ads running throughout the campaign, but I did put up some new ones last night specifically for the final week. They might be a bit more eye-catching than the old ones, since I brightened the logo a bit and moved some art around.

To answer your question, the Kickstarter page says 3-6 instead of 3-5 because backers kept asking me what changes would need to be made for six players, so I decided to see if I could make it work. It was originally only intended for 3-5, which is why that's what all the marketing stuff says, because I thought six was a bit too chaotic and took a bit too long. In playtesting during the campaign I found that if you remove an extra Objective from Stage I and Stage II then that keeps it to a reasonable length, so I figured why not give the backers what they want and do six? There's certainly enough cards otherwise. The only problem you might run into is that it gets kind of chaotic and difficult to remember who's running what scheme, but if you're up for the challenge then go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for the information. I'm glad you took the time to expand the game to six players. I really hope that the solution makes it an enjoyable game at that player count and isn't just a "well it technically works" situation. The fact that you've changed the setup gives me hope.

I hadn't seen any ads for the KS on BGG until today and I'm on the site daily.

You've got a new backer in me. I hope the game succeeds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Watts
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I still need to do a little playtesting and rejiggering of things to make it work better for 6 players, so I can't say it's quite done yet. There are some Hidden Agendas especially that need to be altered, to give different points in larger vs smaller games (for example, a lot more characters tend to hit the Graveyard in larger games, so the Agenda that gives you bonus points for dead characters needs to be changed to take that into account). But it's definitely doable.

As for the ads, well, there's a lot of people advertising on BGG. I bought 800,000 impressions, but that's over however many million people visit the site this month. Not surprising that you might not have seen that particular one. On the last day of the campaign I have a homepage takeover scheduled, however, so at the very least everyone who visits the site on the 27th will get a chance to take a look at it.

Thanks for backing, man, I really appreciate it. Today's been pretty damn good thus far on that front, which feels great coming after a slow weekend for the campaign. I think we're on track to fund a couple days before it ends at this point, and then we can start taking a look at those stretch goals, and see how much other good stuff I can afford to put in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Girling
United Kingdom
Stowmarket
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw an advert on here, liked what I saw and promptly kickstarted. Keeping my fingers crossed that this gets funded
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Watts
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for backing, Ian! According to Kicktraq it's looking a little close right now, but I'm confident that the boost campaigns usually get in the last 48 hours will launch us up over the funding line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.