Space Empires: 4X» Forums » General

Subject: Enough Counters with SE4X: Close Encounters Alone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I have enough counters for various base game and first expansion scenarios with just those that come with Space Empires: Close Encounters?

Sometimes I read that the counters in CE replace those in the base game entirely, so that would seem to mean that I have enough without having any counters from the base game.

Just looking for confirmation or revision of this judgment!

I've been playing solo doomsday so I haven't really stretched the counters to the limit. I only have CE and the base game map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MagusDuNord wrote:
Do I have enough counters for various base game and first expansion scenarios with just those that come with Space Empires: Close Encounters?

Sometimes I read that the counters in CE replace those in the base game entirely, so that would seem to mean that I have enough without having any counters from the base game.

Just looking for confirmation or revision of this judgment!

I've been playing solo doomsday so I haven't really stretched the counters to the limit. I only have CE and the base game map.
The first printing of Close Encounters had replacements for the base game counters. AFAIK there has not been a second printing of CE yet, so if you have the expansion you will have all the counters there are.

Also, if you can play some scenarios with your counters from CE then you can play all of them since CE by itself won't include system counters to populate the map with. I.e. if you have system counters in CE then you have all counters that are in the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Galati
United States
Manalapan
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Early production of Close Encounters came with all new counters that replaced the ones in the base game. That was because the original base game had thinner counters. They have long since fixed that problem so I believe you need to get the Base set or order a counter set directly from GMT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.