Subject: Some questions after 3rd play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1.He played Farraggut, I in response played Guerrila raids delay supply.
Is the general conducting riverine movement in this situation activated?
Can the Guerrila raids delay cancel his activation?

2.Can an army that stops movement after the battle still flip the pc marker?
or is that also considered movement?

3.What does 3-0-0 on the reverse side of the army marker means? default general, got that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:
1.He played Farraggut, I in response played Guerrila raids delay supply.
Is the general conducting riverine movement in this situation activated?
Can the Guerrila raids delay cancel his activation?

2.Can an army that stops movement after the battle still flip the pc marker?
or is that also considered movement?

3.What does 3-0-0 on the reverse side of the army marker means? default general, got that.

1. I am not 100% on this one, but since the naval move does not require a general to execute, I don't think it can be interrupted. I could definitely see this going either way though.

2. Only if it won the battle, was at least twice the size of the defending force at the start of the battle and has a movement point left to spend. The army needs also to be in supply until 1864 in order to flip PC markers.

3. I didn't know the reverse side of the army markers had anything other than a duplicate of the front side. Is this part of the latest re-print? Also, 3-0-0 doesn't seem to make sense with regard to the information on the general counters themselves. They have offensive and defensive ratings like 3 - 3 (in the case of Robert E. Lee and Ulysses S. Grant) and an activation number like 1, 2 or 3).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I might have worded this a bit confusingly. He used Farraggut to conduct a naval move with a general with a strategy rating of 3.
Thats when I used the interrupt card.

2. The problem is in the phrasing. Is placing a PC marker considered moving, or is it just spending the move point and not moving?
I am leaning towards the former, but the latter would also make sense, as the army after a battle is too exhausted to move more distance, but still is able to exert political pressure in the place where it is.
It says in 7.32: 'If the attacker won the battle and is less than twice the strength of the winner, he remains in the battle space.'
It does not say, his movement ends, or his activation is over, so I would conclude that flipping a PC marker is still legal.

3. I did find this in the rules later (thats why I answered my own question), so that is clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In general I agree that the interruption was legal, but I defer to more experienced players.
2. This definitely goes against the spirit of the rule. Mark writes more organic rules and expects that players will not use "rules lawyering" to take advantage of the system. If you can't leave the hex, you also may not make a move within the hex. That said, a simple house rule would cover that , BUT don't expect other non-friendly players to agree with your interpretation.
3. Cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:
1. I might have worded this a bit confusingly. He used Farraggut to conduct a naval move with a general with a strategy rating of 3.
Thats when I used the interrupt card.

2. The problem is in the phrasing. Is placing a PC marker considered moving, or is it just spending the move point and not moving?
I am leaning towards the former, but the latter would also make sense, as the army after a battle is too exhausted to move more distance, but still is able to exert political pressure in the place where it is.
It says in 7.32: 'If the attacker won the battle and is less than twice the strength of the winner, he remains in the battle space.'
It does not say, his movement ends, or his activation is over, so I would conclude that flipping a PC marker is still legal.

3. I did find this in the rules later (thats why I answered my own question), so that is clear.

1. above is not correct. The event is a naval move and the general is not being activated he is being moved by the naval leader, so you cannot interrupt this with the card noted. You can stop it with Severe Weather.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it made sense both ways so I guess the best way to get it settled is to hear from the designer himself whistle.
Thanks Mark for clearing that up.

What about #2 though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: #2 - The army activated has a movement space allocation. It can, at any point during movement, expend an extra space to place a PC marker. If it is the last space of the allocation, that ends the movement. If, after winning an ensuing battle, it has not exhausted the space allocation it started with, it can place a PC marker, and depending on the circumstances, and no. of spaces remaining in it's allocation, may keep on moving (5.26, 5.27, 5.37, 5.72 & 5.73)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubslug wrote:
Re: #2 - The army activated has a movement space allocation. It can, at any point during movement, expend an extra space to place a PC marker. If it is the last space of the allocation, that ends the movement. If, after winning an ensuing battle, it has not exhausted the space allocation it started with, it can place a PC marker, and depending on the circumstances, and no. of spaces remaining in it's allocation, may keep on moving (5.26, 5.27, 5.37, 5.72 & 5.73)

The OP was not clear in the question. So I'll clarify my position.
IF the Army WON the battle and had greater than 2-1 odds, THEN it may continue moving and therefore may place the PC marker.
If the Army LOST the battle or won the battle with less than 2-1 odds, it may not continue moving and therefore may not expend the Movement point necessary to place the PC marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.