Subject: Star Wars Rebellion: Precursor to PBF009 - "I'm not afraid" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Barry
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As a community I feel we have had a lot of success with our PBF adventures and I would like to start up one that I am going to run myself. For this one I am looking for two people who are looking to roleplay a bit in addition to knowing the game extremely well.

This will be a biased game. The Empire will be given additional advantage at the start as determined by the community through the poll attached to this thread. This is an experiment as well as a challenge above and beyond a normal game of rebellion for the rebel player.

Whichever poll result receives the most votes will be used as the extra criteria for this game.

Please PM me with interest in playing as Empire or Rebels and include your experience playing the game thus far.

Poll
What escalations do you want to see the Rebel player(s) overcome?
An additional Death Star under construction on turn 1
A Super Star Destroyer on turn 1
An additional loyal imperial system on turn 1
An additional starting action card
Force User special ability - Each force user adds 1 additional die to their dice pool when rolling for missions. Any character trained by Yoda counts towards this as do Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine and Obi Wan.
      17 answers
Poll created by Dashz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are going to be fiddeling around I would love to hear what happens if you have different starting loyalty on planets (so that the empire doesn't almost always start with corellia, etc)

I was thinking that 1 of the 7 Imperial cards would have Imperial Loyalty, another would have a subjugation marker. The rebels get loyalty on one of their 5 Rebel system
Than shuffle the remaining 9 probe cards in, and draw 3 more populous systems (of any of the cards not just rebel/neutral/imperial) and give the empire 2 more loyal planets and 1 more subjugated.
The rebels will than draw and recieve 2 more loyal planets.

This could give one of the players loyalty on Utupau, or maybe the empire will be stuck on one side of the board, perhaps Mustafar will be Rebel and than placing the base on Hoth would make sense, etc.

I think this variant would be really cool, but I am not at the point to change something this drastically and risk an unbalanced game, but if you are doing this, than I would love to hear how it turns out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Barry
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Problems cropped up immediately when I tried this before when randomizing starting planets completely. The Imperials did not have enough production to keep up with the Rebel threat due to starting with multiple planets like Rodia.

-----

I will be selecting the participants tonight and going with the poll result that is achieved at 5pm EST on Friday.

Thanks,
Dash

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.