Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Possible Spoilers if you haven't played this yet (though it is part of the setup phase).

You've been warned!

I ran into a question I didn't know how to answer when my girlfriend I started playing the saga campaign. At one point in the game, the Gildor Inglorian boon-ally was drawn from the encounter deck during the quest phase. Gildor has a will of 3. When tallying up the threat vs will to resolve the quest phase, does Gildor's revealed will count toward that resolution?

Since we would have counted any revealed enemy/location's threat value, we agreed to count Gildor's will as essentially contributing -3 threat. Thematically, we felt this would have played out as "our heroes were questing and received unexpected assistance from Gildor." From that perspective it made sense so we rolled with it. But it bothered me that we might have played it incorrectly. Thanks for your input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gildor does not contribute his willpower during the turn he is revealed. By comparison, in other quests there are similar allies that have text along the lines of "First player takes control of ____, ready/exhausted and committed to the quest."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The text from Gildor says:

The first player gains control of Gildor Inglorian.

So you could take him directly from the staging area. But you could not commit any new characters to the quest when you are already revealing encounter cards.

You can use his willpower in the next round (if you pay him to stay)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Crantz
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the input! Guess we played that one incorrectly, we lost anyway after becoming overwhelmed with black riders toward the end causing our threat to reach 50. But we'll keep this in mind for the next attempt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.