3 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Background info (lore) on the 4 playable characters in the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shotgun Games
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: I didn't write this. I copied and pasted this from a YouTube comment on Rhado's first video. Thought the rest of you might find it interesting!
kiss

------
The 4 playable (+1 unplayable) characters in this game are from a video game called League of Legends. Heimerdinger, Ziggs, Rumble, Corki, and Tristana. They're a fantasy species of talking hamsters with beyond-human-like intelligence (aka "Yordles"). They live in a human world but have their own separate... well.. country. They're sorta like an endangered species though The males are furry like Rumble, Ziggs, Corki and Heimerdinger (aka.. THE DONGER) while the females look more like smurfs (Tristana)

Heimerdinger is the Einstein of the city. Rumble is the "quick temper, slow mind" guy. Ziggs is the certifiably insane pyromaniac. Corki is the grizzled "get off my lawn" Eastwood veteran. Finally, Tristana is the cute girl who has an unhealthy obsession with cannons (she lugs one around twice her size in the video game with comical effect).

The Yordles are tiny, peaceful, and super friendly, but the humans don't dare mess with the Yordles because they can become insanely deadly given their ninja-like agility, beyond-human intelligence, and hive-mind coordination. So like basically, they all live in a merry utopia called Bandle City... which has no clear leader but Heimerdinger is the defacto "mayor" of the town sort of, the village elder. He's like Doc Brown and insanely smart, probably to a fault, and went to university in a human city (League players will know that city as "The Piltover"... you read that correctly... pronounced "Pill-Tover"). That's where he learned not only what the humans were inventing, but also how to make them better. As a result of Heimerdinger's presence and influence, the Piltover became rapidly advanced technologically compared to all the other human cities, and became known as "The City of Progress" ... chiefly thanks to... The Donger.

The Donger built Corki's plane, Rumble's mech, and many other inventions by other Yordles in the game League of Legends. Bandle City has a lot more yordles that I hope they release in expansions, the 2 most notable will be Veigar (the only "evil" yordle) and Teemo (who is easily the most controversial character in all of League).

Veigar resemebles the "black mage" from old school Final Fantasy games. A faceless pair of creepy yellow eyes glowing underneath a comically oversized wizard hat. However, he's more obsessed with appreaing evil than actually being evil. He was captured by small group of bad humans (League players will know them as "the Noxians") while Veigar was studying at the human university in the country of Noxus (a human settlement). Kind of like an international student IRL going to North Korea (but not knowing how bad the people really are). When he "escaped," (most likely the Noxians allowed him to escape) he returned to Bandle City mentally disturbed... the Noxians twisted his mind while he was in captive, made him their surrogate through lies and manipulation (like a Manchurian Candidate). Taught him dark magic to take with him to Bandle City. When he returned he became a recluse in a big scary old mansion like Edward Scissorhands and had a serious case of Stolkholm Syndrome. However, Veigar is awesome. If Bandle City were a cartoon like Dragon Ball Z, Veigar would be the Vegeta of the series. He thinks being evil is awesome but it's not in his heart. Veigar has the most interesting backstory out of everyone in League (not just Bandle City).

Then there's... TEEMO!!!!!The Swift Scout!!; Teemo brings pain and misery to League of Legends players and is widely hated by the League community but because they're all just bronzie noobs who get STOMPED by the enemy Teemo. Need an easy way to spot the bronzie 5 noob? It's the Teemo hater. He's my #1 faviorte character of ALL of League! If they release him separately I will be SOO HAPPY! can't wait to play this game! Using DBZ as a comparison, Teemo is the Son Goku. Super chill, kicks your ass without sweat, and you'd still totally have a beer with him after. Teemo is the best (albeit not as interesting as Veigar).

oh and Tristana (who's in this game) has this weird love triangle with Teemo and Rumble, which is why Teemo and Rumble don't like each other. They're both crushing on Tristana who is clearly down with Teemo. Rumble is just a jealous hater. I saw some easter eggs on the game's instruction booklet, written from Rumble's perspective, crossing out Teemo's name. XD PPSSSHHH!! No one even plays Rumble anymore x_X. Rumble is like... the Yamcha. They based this whole game around him? PSSSSHHHH!! (still can't wait to play it doe)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Griffard
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are pages for each champion in the League of Legends game. Most of the info is specific to LoL, but there is lore down toward the bottom that might be of interest to Mechs vs Minions players.

Corki

Heimerdinger

Tristana

Ziggs

Rumble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ziggs is the certifiably insane pyromaniac aka my soulmate...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.