Subject: Achievement Mechanism rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy having achievements in games. It provides so much extra replayability by giving the player things to accomplish besides beating the game, or getting a high score. I loved the achievements addition to the Xbox 360, and was happy to see a similar mechanism when I picked up this game. What other games have an achievement system included in them (similar to the one in Dungeon Roll)?

Note: I am not particularly interested in games where players have come up with their own achievements; I'm interested in achievements laid out in the rulebook by the designer(s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Power Grid: The First Sparks comes with a double-sided achievement sheet for the person who accomplished the achievement to sign (usually the winner under different circumstances, but sometimes the loser or others).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Great question - I'm a fan of this approach too. My example is from the excellent Hostage Negotiator by Van Ryder Games.

Lots of achievements in the base game and expansion rule books, but here's an example from their website for reference: http://www.vanrydergames.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Achi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manserfamily wrote:

Great question - I'm a fan of this approach too. My example is from the excellent Hostage Negotiator by Van Ryder Games.

Lots of achievements in the base game and expansion rule books, but here's an example from their website for reference: http://www.vanrydergames.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Achi...

Wow that's awesome. I didn't realize HN had them. I was fairly put-off by the theme of the game (being so dark), but I think I might give it a try now that I see they have achievements! They probably motivate me enough to see if I can get over my slight discomfort with some of the scenarios. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.