Popular Tags: [View All]
Charley Eastman
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question!
Is it possible to draw a rail onto another players' lines, grafted onto a line they've established? As in, you're tooling along in green, and connect two cities, then I come along with red, and just "click" add a line to yours...I'm assuming not, but I could be wrong (again).
It probably says it somewhere, but I'm ready to play other than this last question and I don't feel like wading back in to find it. shake
Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
But for the purposes of an "N major cities connected" end-game condition (which I believe Empire Builder has - Iron Dragon's the only crayon-rail game I've played in the past decade), connections only count your own track (and the 'common/public' track that exists inside major cities).

So, yeah, you can graft onto someone else's rail and even ride it for a time (for a fee), but it doesn't mean your rail system now connects to every city his rail system connects to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are you sure? We have always played that you can only extend your own track, and that someone else's track connected between two points can't be counted for purposes of trackbuilding as a section of your own track.

In other words, if I have track from Major City A to point X, and you have track from point X to point Y, I can't then just start laying track from point Y. All track I build has to come from either my own track somewhere or from a major city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackberry wrote:
In other words, if I have track from Major City A to point X, and you have track from point X to point Y, I can't then just start laying track from point Y. All track I build has to come from either my own track somewhere or from a major city.

Correct, you cannot extend from Y. You can though merge into Y from a different section of your track.

AAA
A A
A A
AAA \
\
\
\
X=========Y
\
\ BBB
B B
B B
BBB

In this example I am playing (\) and you are playing (=). I can start building from Major City B and merge into Y. I would be forced into riding your track (=) to get from Y to X where I could then re-enter my network.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charley Eastman
United States
Franklin
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John and everyone else who responded.
I get it, now time to go play with crayons!
C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.