Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I was prepared for the need to sticker the dice.
And I am ok with having to glue together the Bridge doohicky (not sure why the couldn't use a Glass Road style spindle).

BUT I truly hope there's been a mess up in the size of discs ordered - the ones in the box are comically, nay, frustratingly small:

(Glass Meeple for size comparison)

Am I just the lucky one, or is this endemic?
Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, just noticed on the Spielworxx website, they note this. Apparently replacement discs may be available at Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are so small that they are stuck on the inside of the baggies because of static!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also got a rather large black block (about 30mm x 30mm x 10mm) which doesn't seem to have any purpose; perhaps it's the start player "marker" as there wasn't one of these in the box either :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fondue wrote:
I also got a rather large black block (about 30mm x 30mm x 10mm) which doesn't seem to have any purpose; perhaps it's the start player "marker" as there wasn't one of these in the box either :/

Don't you have a big black wooden square? Or have I missed the purpose of that one?

Edit: I don't even know how I messed up reading that sentence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the small discs are beautiful! I love those small discs. If it was my decision, I would have chosen them. I fell in love with them in "Scepter of Zavandor" and "Fields of Arle"...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are quite sweet (I'm sure my kids would love them!), but my friend has the "rug of no return" from which we find it hard to find & extract normal sized playing pieces - these will be swallowed up without trace, immediately!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:
I think the small discs are beautiful! I love those small discs. If it was my decision, I would have chosen them. I fell in love with them in "Scepter of Zavandor" and "Fields of Arle"...

The Fields of Arle discs are huge compared to these:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fondue wrote:

Wait, you're serious? This same thing happened with Dilluvia Project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Puram
United States
Cary
NC
flag msg tools
I hate my stupid username.
mbmbmbmbmb

I imagine the unboxing at Spielworx went down something like this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tilde72 wrote:
bayerbube wrote:

The Fields of Arle discs are huge compared to these:

I'll be damned!!! I thought they were at least that big!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
Wait, you're serious? This same thing happened with Dilluvia Project.

Very!

(My God, it's full of stars!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a continuing and disappointing trend from Spielworxx. It seems that every major release they have had recently has had some significant component issues. I wish they would realize that it is worth it to take the time to check and proof these games. I would rather have a correctly produced game 2 months later than a game with these silly issues. In fact, I specifically didn't preorder this game because of my disappointment with the components in Dilluvia Project.

I'm sure they will replace the discs and all will be fine, but they really need some quality control going forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bpierce72 wrote:

I'm sure they will replace the discs and all will be fine, but they really need some quality control going forward.

I can confirm after mail correspondence that they will send replacements after Essen. Meanwhile, discs go from Roads and Boats (or maybe the cubes from Pandemic?) in my case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tilde72 wrote:
bpierce72 wrote:

I can confirm after mail correspondence that they will send replacements after Essen. Meanwhile, discs go from Roads and Boats (or maybe the cubes from Pandemic?) in my case.

Do you know if they automatically send replacements or should one contact them or maybe pay them a visit at Essen directly (which I might do anyway to pass by)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ovis wrote:
tilde72 wrote:
bpierce72 wrote:

Do you know if they automatically send replacements or should one contact them or maybe pay them a visit at Essen directly (which I might do anyway to pass by)

This is speculation but I don't think they will send automatically, since you can get the replacements at Essen as well:

Quote:
Leider sind die Spielerscheiben (Kolonien) zu klein geraten. Man kann mit ihnen spielen, ich empfehle jedoch Standardholzscheiben aus anderen Spielen zu "entleihen". Zudem werde ich in Essen größere Scheiben als Ersatz haben.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bpierce72 wrote:
This is a continuing and disappointing trend from Spielworxx. It seems that every major release they have had recently has had some significant component issues. I wish they would realize that it is worth it to take the time to check and proof these games. I would rather have a correctly produced game 2 months later than a game with these silly issues. In fact, I specifically didn't preorder this game because of my disappointment with the components in Dilluvia Project.

I didn't buy Dilluvia Project and I'm not familiar with the issues with that game, but in my opinion, the issues with Solarius Mission is very minor. I spent one full minute picking up the cubes from Pandemic Contagion and off I went. A couple of weeks from now the replacements are here and it's all good.

If someone is considering buying this game, I would not let this issue affect their decision. But that's me.

In fact, I'm hoping there's a funny story behind the release of the smallest game components known to mankind!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tilde72 wrote:
bpierce72 wrote:

I didn't buy Dilluvia Project and I'm not familiar with the issues with that game, but in my opinion, the issues with Solarius Mission is very minor. I spent one full minute picking up the cubes from Pandemic Contagion and off I went. A couple of weeks from now the replacements are here and it's all good.

If someone is considering buying this game, I would not let this issue affect their decision. But that's me.

In fact, I'm hoping there's a funny story behind the release of the smallest game components known to mankind!

Agreed - I'm sure it's not easy for a small publisher like Spielworxx, and I don't want this to tarnish what reads like a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tilde72 wrote:

The rulebook lists the fuel and SpaceBucks markers as small discs, whereas the colonies are referred to just as discs. So most probably they accidentally didn't distinguish sizes und the fuel/SpaceBuck markers are intentionally this small.

But I'm wondering why the pawn again transformed into a giant monolith. Since both games take place in the future, there is most probably a thematic reason . But since it isn't placed on the board, the size is not an issue.

I'll replace the tiny colonies with bits from Euphoria. There are exactly twelve non-cube and non-hexagon bits per player in the appropriate colors.

Including one science and one breeding colony (though not helpful to solve overpopulation ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Benz
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

the problem is not the size but the annoyance that they get an electric charge when in the plastic bag and moreover they easily get lost and off the table. Unfortunately there is no replacement for them in the box. Greetings bpsyc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew, really glad to hear the discs should be larger. Fields of Arle size would be fine, but those microscopic discs are just a joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone can tell me an email to spielworxx? I cannot find it on their homepage (maybe because it's all German ) and i would like to get normal disks instead of those little pills ...

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please go to the publishers website W Link

On the staring page you can scroll down to the bottom and click on the word "Impressum" which means "imprint".

On that imprint site you can find the e-mail-address.

I don't want to write the mail down here because I don't want Uli to get spam mail all the time. You will find it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:
Please go to the publishers website W Link

On the staring page you can scroll down to the bottom and click on the word "Impressum" which means "imprint".

On that imprint site you can find the e-mail-address.

I don't want to write the mail down here because I don't want Uli to get spam mail all the time. You will find it!

Thank you very much for quick reply )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Spada
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote to this email address 2 week ago and I stil have no answer

Did someone succeeded to have their replacement discs ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.