Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG just released the last preview for the final DP in the Flashpoint cycle.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/20/quorum/

A new operation for HB (uh, I guess we skipped "Red Level Clearance"?)

This might find a home in a CI deck, but I probably wouldn't put this in my typical HB decks

Another dedicated employee for Weyland

Massive payouts for Restructure!

More neutral economy choices are never a bad thing (but you'll need to play other econ cards and pay 2 creds to prime this card- it's like PAD Campaign on steroids)

And what is the stand-out card for this pack so far...

Which has the potential to synergize with Notoriety and the other stealth-credit recursion that a "Smoke" deck may offer. You'd need to find a fifth click somewhere to play both Encore and Notoriety (and of course there's Beth Chang and Hyperdriver in faction)I think this mechanic is great.

Overall, looks like a strong finish to what has been a very good cycle.

[Edit: added graphics, and lots of spelling errors]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we're only two packs into the cycle so we'll see how strong it really is. Feels like they're taking a few more risks with design though. Looking forward to seeing more of this cycle in play.

This is definitely welcom news after that FAQ bomb landed yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, that's definitely Barney Stinson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
dwjmeijer wrote:
Okay, that's definitely Barney Stinson

Absolutely it is. For folks unfamiliar with the show, here's the surprisingly thorough Wikipedia entry about it:

"Throughout the series, Barney frequently refuses to say what he does for a living, brushing off any questions about his job with a dismissive "Please." In the Season 9 episode "Unpause", he drunkenly reveals that his job is to "Provide Legal Exculpation And Sign Everything" (P.L.E.A.S.E.), setting him up to be the fall guy for his company's nefarious activities. Unknown to his company, he has been conspiring with the federal government as part of a long-term plan to get revenge on his boss, who stole his girlfriend prior to the start of the series"

The flavor text is a direct nod. Love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Kitto
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
Rearrange the letters in Bryan and you get Barny
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If we skipped red level, we also skipped orange and yellow level clearance... Violet was the next logical choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indigo level clearance gets no respect shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was considering the possible combos with cards like Bryan Stinson and NASX:

1] Rez Bryan S (installed previously; and runner @ 5 credits)
2] Click 1: Install/rez NASX
3] Click 2: Play Restructure from archives for 15 credits --> pay 2 credits to place 15 power counters on NASX
4] Click 3: trash NASX --> gain 30 credits

That's 45 credits. Is my math correct?

There might be some hefty ICE in the upcoming packs (harkening back to the days of Janus and Curtain Wall)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
3] Click 2: Play Restructure from archives for 15 credits --> pay 2 credits to place 15 power counters on NASX

I read the text on NASX differently.

Quote:
Whenever you gain credits through a card ability other than from NASX, you may spend up to 2 credits to place that many power counters on NASX.

I think this means that any card ability that allows you to gain credits also triggers an effect: spend 0, 1, or 2 credits to place 0, 1, or 2 power counters on NASX. You're effectively investing in the stock exchange, hoping for a bigger payoff using the NASX trash ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, "that many" refers to money spent rather than money gained. Otherwise you could restructure, pay nothing (UP TO 2cr) to put 15 on NASX. That is obviously not how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you for clearing that up. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You're not the only one to make that mistake. It took me several read-throughs before I properly twigged. And I didn't even realise how powerful not-Barney is (ignoring costs!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.