Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom B
United States
Round Lake Beach
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Has anyone noticed a problem with the cards bending/bowing?
I'm uploading a few photos, the game hasn't been played yet, just took these out of shrink wrap 3 days ago and set them up on the table for a test play, which hasn't happened yet.
The table is is next to a window with direct sunlight in the morning, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't had that issue here. My first though would be something concerning humidity, but it has been 80-90% humidity off and on around here for months now and it hasn't happened. Could just be a random thing. Contact the manufacturer, they have been good about replacement parts for people since the game was released. They should be able to do something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oda
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
But if it were me, I'd really wanna be, a giant woman.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came out of the shrink with a slight bowing similar to yours -- I think as a result of a combination of tight wrapping and thinner card stock. That said, a lot of card based games I get these days have similar issues. I find that sleeving my cards helps train them back to a flatter state over time. It's possible that with normal use -- shuffling, etc. they will normalize over time as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Took my game out to play for the first time yesterday. Had previously punched and unwrapped all the game components. My cards looked even worse than yours - disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom B
United States
Round Lake Beach
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, I'm fairly certain these problems are not due to humidity, or the sun hitting them. I'm going to agree with Oda regarding the thinner card stock, I don't have a proper measuring tool to cite actual dimensions, but these cards do seem to be definitely on the thin side when compared to other games I own, so I'm sure this contributed to the bending as well as a tight shrink wrap.

I sat down and just kind of "massaged/bended" them into shape, and for the most part that fixed it, they are holding pretty much flat-ish now. I basically just bend them the other direction they were bent out of the box while being careful not to cause any damage, and that worked.

I do agree it's disappointing to unpack brand new cards and see them bent like this, however I was able to fix this fairly quickly so no harm done.

I'm thinking manufacturing was really cutting costs here.

All in all, I don't think it's a major problem now, so it won't stop me from having fun with the game.

Thanks for all your replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.