Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple enough. I know they aren't technically considered part of the Atman, but if they aren't discarded at the end of the round (and thus potentially devoured by Ravens), then it seems like they would just disappear, as the rules don't specifically treat those cards in the end of dream section (unless they're covered under "all other cards in the atman..."). Which obviously isn't true .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of the round, they aren't in the Atman any more, so yes, they get devoured.

The timing here is a bit strange: Everything in the Atman, all poem cards, and all non-scored heart cards, are discarded/devoured at the same time. However, the high Purples can be used in this very moment, and it's in this very moment that they're really valuable, as the discard is so immense. The high purples doesn't just prevent one card, it prevents cards of a certain colour to be devoured on one OCCASION. The end-of-dream discard is such an occasion. Even as the high purple is to be discarded itself, you can use its power in the last moment, to prevent one whole colour from being devoured.

Please note that any card already beneath the raven at this point aren't returned to the discard – the high purple only prevents the occasion when "cards are to be put under the raven".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.