Crowdfunding: Kickstarter» Forums » General

Subject: F-Life: A Card Game About Adulthood rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ben palladino
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I will probably get little to no views on this thread, so I'll keep it plain and simple. F-Life: A Card Game About Adulthood is a dark humor card game about life and the terrible things that happen to us all. The goal is to get as much money as possible before you die. The player with the most amount of money after all the players have died; wins!

Please check out the video here!

https://goo.gl/dVfy5I

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The play description on the kickstarter campaign contains two decisions that have any sort of meaning - picking the education level and choosing to skip the GED-level job. In the first case the decision is made without any information (except perhaps a statistical knowledge of what sort of cards are in the decks?). In the second I guess it's a push-your-luck sort of decision - though since all three of the jobs seen are $n0k for n years, it's not clear whether the gamble was meaningful.

Can you elaborate on whether the player makes other and/or more meaningful decisions, and whether those decisions are made blindly or with information?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben palladino
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hey there and so sorry I didn't reply before. I didn't have this set up to get notifications I guess. I relaunched my campaign with additional information here if you'd like to check it out: goo.gl/pbxDX3

To answer your questions, yes there is a little strategy to picking GED/High School/College. First of all they are all balanced out. We haven't had any scenarios where one crushed the other based on their choice of education. For example: College degrees enable you to get better jobs with higher salaries, but also subject you to more cards with bigger consequences. There have also been a lot of changes in terms of the strategy element of the game.

I hope this sheds some light on your inquiry. Again you can check out the new campaign here goo.gl/pbxDX3. Thanks for your interest!

-Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.