Hide
3 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hand Draw and 'you may play this card at anytime'. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
flag msg tools
"You must immediately discard the excess if your hand exceeds 7 cards. However, the "draw 2 cards" phase happens all at once. You can decide which cards to discard after drawing, and if the first card is an epidemic, you still draw the second card before executing the epidemic."

If I have for example a quite night card, can I play this card after I have drawn my two cards, so I don't have to discard two cards? What if I have six cards in my hand and I draw an event card that can be played before I discard any cards?

Whatever the agreed position is we should probably change the sticky to better reflect this.

I feel like I can momentarily have 7 cards in my hand + 2 drawn cards for a total of nine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shermanpk wrote:
"You must immediately discard the excess if your hand exceeds 7 cards. However, the "draw 2 cards" phase happens all at once. You can decide which cards to discard after drawing, and if the first card is an epidemic, you still draw the second card before executing the epidemic."

If I have for example a quite night card, can I play this card after I have drawn my two cards, so I don't have to discard two cards? What if I have six cards in my hand and I draw an event card that can be played before I discard any cards?

Whatever the agreed position is we should probably change the sticky to better reflect this.

I feel like I can momentarily have 7 cards in my hand + 2 drawn cards for a total of nine?

From the rulebook:
Rulebook wrote:
Players have a hand limit of 7 cards. If the number of cards in hand ever exceeds 7 as a result of drawing cards (or performing the Share Knowledge action), the player must immediately discard cards in excess to the Player Discard Pile. Players may choose which cards to discard. Players may play Special Event cards (including any they have just drawn) instead of discarding them, to help reduce their hand to 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
Thank you, I did think that was the rule, but reading the FAQ/sticky rules it was unclear and I got a little worried I have been playing the game wrong all this time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.