Andrew Johnson
United States
Orland Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I've played two games with my group and alas, we were subject to the "noob turtling" phenomenon. After reading some forums I realized that part of the error was "thinking" that equipment cards were the holy grail to a victory when they were more meant as a boon for "on the way" tactics.

So questions:

1. Is there a token type limit per room? (Obviously there are x tokens of each type--can they all potentially be in one room if they can be placed one type per turn, etc?)

2. Can the satellite destroy the controller? I don't have the instructions in front of me so I wasn't sure of that one.

3. If the controller is killed, can he be spawned, and is it just according to the standard rules like the other monsters?

4. If a hero is "babysitting" monsters on a space, and a ranged person down the line attacks them--what happens if there are survivor on the enemy side? The rules state monsters cannot leave a space with a hero, but ranged rules state that any surviving monsters react for free if they are able to the ranged attacking hero.

5. Can a hero skip a turn, and in effect become a monster trap by having the enemies moved or teleported into their space?

6. Is there really no way to defend against fire damage? Granted our first two games suffered heavily from turtling on the sins side and there were several fire tokens in the turtle area, but dang. Fire outright killing with the blast on the dice rolls made quick work of heroes that took too long to get there and try to put the fires out.

Thanks for any insight you all can give. My group and I are feeling discouraged from our two plays. After reading the forums I've learned about "trapping" monsters before they can get into a turtling area, but these questions are unresolved issues we've come across and we were searching for answers before attempting another go at it.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No limit.

2. I don't have the rules with me right now and I can't remember.

3. He can be spawned.

4. Normal movement rules apply. If there is a hero, the monsters can't move.

5. Yes. He just flips his turn token and does nothing.

6. Fire is fire and tough luck is tough luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. nope
2. nope; acolyte or abomination only
3. yes, unless the missions states otherwise
4. if the monsters are on a space with a hero they cannot move off it
5. you can't pass but you could spend a turn token and do nothing with it (don't move, don't start a fight; just do a cleanse action instead)
6. Some items/abilities mitigate/reduce fire damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clubb
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here we go...l

1. There is no limit beyond the number of tokens
2. No, only Acolytes and Abominations
3. Controllers can respawn unless the story says they cannot
4. All movement rules apply, so no, a monster in a space with a hero will not move at the shooter.
5. Even if a hero does nothing, you have to flip a turn counter over as used. So you are in effect wasting a turn.
6. The only way to defend against fire is upgrades. If you notice the sin player starting to pile them up, move against them ASAP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United States
Orland Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There is a cleansing action that removes fire and other tokens. Use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United States
Orland Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely. Hero players just dawdled and let the fires build while doing other things. When it finally dawned on the heroes that "gee, that's a lot of fire," it was a combination of too late and bad luck, even with equipment and the proxy token. Two heroes in a row died from fire and ended the game. Hopefully future playthroughs won't suffer the same noob mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark VonKing
United States
Middletown
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5: the sin still get a reaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.