$15.00
$30.00
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that when cargo slots are damaged you lose cargo in excess of your total ability to carry it.

The question came up in the case of a successful boarding and destruction of one PC by another PC. Do the discarded cards (lost when the cargo slots were hit before boarding) thematically float about to be claimed by the victorious captain? Are they destroyed and can't be claimed as a reward?

Thanks for the fact check.

(we ruled they were destroyed, but I could see it going either way and I couldn't turn up a better answer)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Misterboy wrote:
The rules state that when cargo slots are damaged you lose cargo in excess of your total ability to carry it.

The question came up in the case of a successful boarding and destruction of one PC by another PC. Do the discarded cards (lost when the cargo slots were hit before boarding) thematically float about to be claimed by the victorious captain? Are they destroyed and can't be claimed as a reward?

Thanks for the fact check.

(we ruled they were destroyed, but I could see it going either way and I couldn't turn up a better answer)

You played it correct. There is nothing in the rules about cargo floating around to be picked up, so then it doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aradraug
Czech Republic
Novy Jicin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say they were destroyed, beacause destroying cargo happens before resolving boarding and crew combat.

Timing:
Round X:
1. Shooting occures
2. Hits inflicted - some of them to cargo area
3. Hits resolved (ship sunk, cargo lost...etc)
4. End of round
Round X+1
1. Boarding action
2. Crew combat - opponent wins
3. Opponent gets spoils of victory (money, ship, remaining cargo)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it's not like they were sitting on deck and got tipped over the rail by a cannon ball.
And it would be hard to argue that a cannon shot to the cargo-hold would just leave a hole for perfectly intact barrels and crates to roll out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.